Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The world has officially gone crazy.

In the annals of political correctness run amok in American schools, this story — if true — is easily an all-timer.
A junior-high school Spanish teacher has filed a lawsuit alleging that she was fired from P.S. 211 in the Bronx in March 2012 because of a misunderstanding over the word “negro.”
The non-tenured teacher, 65-year-old Petrona Smith, maintains that she was instructing her class about how to say the various basic colors in Spanish, reports the New York Post. The word “negro” naturally came up because “negro” is the Spanish word for “black.”

A seventh-grade student in the class took offense at the term, however, believing the word to be a racial slur. It’s not clear if Smith directed the term at the student. Whatever the case, he reported the incident to school officials.

But, wait. It gets better. Smith, a native of the West Indies, is black. And to top it all off, P.S. 211 is bilingual.
Smith’s attorney, Shaun Reid, called the charge that allegedly led to his client’s termination ridiculous.
“They haven’t even accounted for how absurd it is for someone who’s black to be using a racial slur to a student,” Reid told the Post.
School officials refused to make any comment about the allegations in the lawsuit. As such, the publicly-known facts are tremendously one-sided at this point.
In court papers, Smith does address another incident involving an allegation that she labeled some students as “failures.” The teacher states that she had only asked certain students to move to the rear of the classroom after they had failed a test.

The Post notes that Smith also claims that students hurled insults at her, calling her “fucking monkey” and other abusive names.
Smith hasn’t been able to find another job since she was sacked.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/24/black-spanish-teacher-claims-she-was-fired-for-using-the-word-negro-in-class/#ixzz2UGyE3s91

• 4 weeks later...

Living in the South I expect a lot of changes to voting very shortly. The thing about the law was that all you had to do was not make any changes that were geared towards making it harder to vote for minorities for a certain period of time and the law doesn't apply to you anymore. The county that brought the lawsuit was caught changing voting rules to suppress black voters pretty recently.

The gay marriage and DOMA rulings will come out (ha ha) tomorrow morning.

• 3 weeks later...

The prosecution's own witness basically said Martin was practically home and then went back to confront Zimmerman. The prosecution had zero hope after that.

I'm not defending either party in this and I think it's awful that a kid died. I have zero emotional stake in this case because I think it's been exploited and overblown by race warlords like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson since Day 1. It's just another attempt to rile up the public so that these losers can continue to manipulate racial tension in America. But when you have multiple unreliable witnesses (one of whom was Trayvon's own father, whose testimony contradicted what he told investigators) and a prosecution that wants to convince the country that the defendant had "hate in his heart" or whatever, then what else could the jury do but acquit? These idiots tried to charge him with second-degree murder, and that was never going to happen.

I wasn't able to confirm this, but I heard that Kevin Hart tweeted Zimmerman's family's address and said, "Y'all know what to do." Again, I don't know if he actually tweeted that or not because I checked his feed and that tweet wasn't there. But if he did that, then he can seriously go jump in front of a Greyhound bus. What a shitty fucking thing to do. You are literally trying to incite a mob against innocent people.

Burden of proof for 2nd degree murder in a case like that with no witnesses is almost impossible. THAT's why they never arrested him.

It looks to me like Zimmerman shot him because he lost a fistfight, which is a bitch move in every regard, but the evidence as far as the law was concerned is basically nil.

I'm just glad that this means the US has reclaimed the title of most racist western country back from us here in Australia. Anyone who doesn't think a black defendant wouldn't have been sent to prison in this circumstance is kidding themselves. ZImmerman put himself in a situation where someone was going to get hurt, he could have stayed where he was. There was no reason for him to follow anyone. It doesn't matter who started it, the situation should never have happened. For that alone he should have gone for manslaughter.