Random video game thoughts

JackFetch

Well, I guess if you try to play on the side of good and make everything the best you can. Then, THEN you get one of the most unsatisfying endings I've ever seen in gaming. But after putting 100+ hours on one playthrough, I am not going through all the again just to see a different ending.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...could you not just revert to a earlier save file?

One hundred hours plus played, I had the main plot finished and 95% of all the other quests and everything. Wouldn't really work to revert to a prior save change things. Also if I wanted an evil character I'd plan a much more cunning skill set.

I'm going to the 12:01am release for COD: Black Ops on Monday night/Tuesday morning--my first such venture for a video game. I get off work at 11:00pm that night, so it works perfectly. I can't wait. This game is going to kick so much ass.

Ewww... ewww... just ah... just don't come near me with black ops okay?

You know what, the more I play the Road To Wrestlemania for Smackdown, the more I hate it. Also, the game fucked up Royal Rumbles, where the computer would just wait around for you to eliminate someone, before attacking/helping you. This is really not helpful when you are fucking frozen in a spot with another wrestler.

Well, I guess if you try to play on the side of good and make everything the best you can. Then, THEN you get one of the most unsatisfying endings I've ever seen in gaming. But after putting 100+ hours on one playthrough, I am not going through all the again just to see a different ending.

To be fair, there are only minor variations on the ending. That said, buy some of the DLC, at least one of them solves the ending, can't remember which one. Also, New Vegas is 50 times better. The story was written by the same people who did Fallout 1 and 2 and it shows. Let's just say the world has about 20 more shades of gray, there's a lot more creepy shit and a lot more sex. Oh, and there's cannibals at one point. Can't forget that.

So, I'm looking at the cover of the new Babysitting Mama game and is it bad that I think there's a mini game where she makes a baby pot pie? I mean, you can't make a character who only looks that happy when she's making an awesome dish and then have he holding a baby.

You know what, the more I play the Road To Wrestlemania for Smackdown, the more I hate it. Also, the game fucked up Royal Rumbles, where the computer would just wait around for you to eliminate someone, before attacking/helping you. This is really not helpful when you are fucking frozen in a spot with another wrestler.

A Smackdown! game fucking up the Royal Rumble? Perish the thought!

Borrowed Assassin's Creed from a friend. Wow, what a pile of dog shit... putting aside the graphic issues that just shouldn't happen on a next gen game, it's so damn repetitive. The storyline progression is barely keeping me interested, and if it weren't for the the sequels (which are apparently far superior) I would have ejected this game a while ago.

A Smackdown! game fucking up the Royal Rumble? Perish the thought!

To be fair, over the years most fans have gotten used to the shite Royal Rumble having a maximum of six guys in the ring, and the new people coming out after one of the six in the ring are eliminated. But, I'd never encountered this problem before in the game.

Borrowed Assassin's Creed from a friend. Wow, what a pile of dog shit... putting aside the graphic issues that just shouldn't happen on a next gen game, it's so damn repetitive. The storyline progression is barely keeping me interested, and if it weren't for the the sequels (which are apparently far superior) I would have ejected this game a while ago.

Stick with it. 2 is much much better.

To be fair, there are only minor variations on the ending. That said, buy some of the DLC, at least one of them solves the ending, can't remember which one. Also, New Vegas is 50 times better. The story was written by the same people who did Fallout 1 and 2 and it shows. Let's just say the world has about 20 more shades of gray, there's a lot more creepy shit and a lot more sex. Oh, and there's cannibals at one point. Can't forget that.

So, I'm looking at the cover of the new Babysitting Mama game and is it bad that I think there's a mini game where she makes a baby pot pie? I mean, you can't make a character who only looks that happy when she's making an awesome dish and then have he holding a baby.

Right, I actually bought all the DLC and played it. Looking back, it was great what they did with all that DLC. The main weakness I see is that the whole super-climax end game battle and choice was just lackluster.

Black Ops, yucky, yucky, yucky. You guys go have fun with that.

I finally found a Kinect, and holy shit is it fun. The fact that you look like a kid that needs a helmet while playing is forgotten the moment you start.

What games are you playing on it?

---

Treyarch, I used to have a soft spot for you, Call of Duty 3 was the first game in the franchise that I actually played. Then World at War comes along, I am uber hyped for it. Marines vs Japanese in the Pacific with Kiefer Sutherland? Oh yeaahhh... I buy the limited edition, hoping for a bunch of goodies. But you don't deliver, you shortchange me on the edition I bought, and when I call you, you just blow me off. Your multiplayer is terrible, weapon balance you say? Treyarch's never heard of it.

I could see the beginnings of this in your first game, but it was so much dumb fun and I was too young to take notice of it. I don't feel you gave the armed forces the respect they deserved, and the story was delivered in such an odd disjointing format. Sure you say you're a manly game, with flying limbs, adult language and Nazi zombies. But where's the crisp gameplay I always expect to see in a Call of Duty campaign?

And now Black Ops is coming around, I stopped paying attention to you after the first trailer, but from what I've heard, you haven't changed. You take the base of whatever Infinity Ward just made and rip out all the good parts. Adding some half-shebbed customization features and the like to disguise this mess you've really made.

You are an insult to a sold-out franchise.

(Blah, not very good, but I think it puts my major gripes with treyach in focus.)

So... because you weren't fond of one of their games, you think everything they ever make is going to be trash?

And World at War actually got an average review score of 84/100.

CoD3 is pretty trashy too, but I have nostalgia for it.

I feel that what Treyarch pulled with WaW they're going to pull again.

I also wasn't trying to say I hate Treyarch, just their CoD games.