Random video game thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a number of reasons. Technically, if the game hasn't been played, it doesn't matter if it's open or not; it's still new. Of course, Gamestop employees often get to take those games home and play them before returning them, so that argument might not apply. Then again, a new car is still considered "new" even if it's been test-driven before.

It's sort of a gray area.

You can, however, ask for one of the shrink-wrapped copies on the shelf behind the desk if you like. A lot of people I know do that.

For a number of reasons. Technically, if the game hasn't been played, it doesn't matter if it's open or not; it's still new. Of course, Gamestop employees often get to take those games home and play them before returning them, so that argument might not apply. Then again, a new car is still considered "new" even if it's been test-driven before.

It's sort of a gray area.

You can, however, ask for one of the shrink-wrapped copies on the shelf behind the desk if you like. A lot of people I know do that.

A car is still new if it has below a certain number of miles on it, but this is more like the salesman keeping the car at his house and making you buy it without seeing the odometer. I don't know where the disc has been, and if anyone has been playing it. They don't have shrink wrapped copies most of the time. They open all the games unless it's a midnight launch or something special. They used to wrap it right in front of you, and one time I asked why they bother since I'm about to take it right back off. Now they just slap a sticker on it. I refuse to buy new games from them until they stop this.

A car is still new if it has below a certain number of miles on it, but this is more like the salesman keeping the car at his house and making you buy it without seeing the odometer. I don't know where the disc has been, and if anyone has been playing it.

You don't check the condition of the disk before buying it? If it looks scratch free, I don't have a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear makers of Alan Wake.

The first hour of the game is incredibly tedious, and the last hour of the game is also incredibly tedious. Even though in between this, you have a fun game that I enjoyed playing, that does not stop my lasting memories of this game being based on it being bloody tedious. Also, the end boss battle is a huge frigging let down.

Signed

Austen

That whole goddamn game is tedious.

And the last boss is a tornado.

The game got sort of fun for a little while. When I stopped paying attention to the cut scenes and fast forwarded through near enough everything.

Yes, it was a tornado, a tornado that you could beat in fifteen fucking seconds. How can they make a fucking tornado tedious?

In the end though, if you rent the game, it can be enjoyable, once you get between the tedious parts.

• 2 weeks later...