Random video game thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So now for something completely different...

As most know, I'm kinda sorta a huge Silent Hill guy, but I hate a lot of the community, because it's mostly awful, but the Silent Hill Wiki is a special brand of awful.

The Wiki has been a laughing stock for a while due to bad info, pages full of theories stated as fact, and overbearing mods, but tonight was something special.

The lead admin of the site started editing pages to make everything about the evils of circumcision.  When people tried to call him on it, he then proceeded to have a goddamn meltdown.  A meltdown which is still happening as I type this, by the way.

It's kind of glorious and terrifying.  Mike brought it to my attention initially, but I had no idea it went this far.

And they're still fighting with him.  The page has been edited and reverted a dozen times in the last hour alone, yet no one wants to ban him because they're all like 17 and everyone's involved in some schoolyard relationship drama, which is the whole reason why no one took them seriously to begin with.

Came home from work.  Yup.  It's still up there.

He's keeping it on the page until they "reach a consensus".  Even though they did hours ago.  It just wasn't the consensus he wanted.  

They can't remove him because he has Bureaucrat status, so now people are trying to contact Wikia themselves to get him removed.

Update: He started spreading to the Xenogears wiki, of all things, before they finally shut him down.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Which is funny, since there is no dedicated Xenogears wiki. He'd have to be trolling the Xenosaga Wiki, which is just sad. Who even frequents that place??

Now they're conducting a vote to see if he should be brought back.  And he's already tried to create several sockpuppet accounts to vote in his favor.

Every time I think this is over, they pull me back in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have loved this story ever since I first heard about the shitstorm that developed over the initial video. I'm inclined to take Jim's side, mainly cause I'm a fan of him, and I hate shitty game devs.

Life is Strange - who's all played this?

I'm currently going through my first playthrough.

It's pretty much an open secret at this point. Plus, I'm sure they like making money and only the dumbest people in the industry would see everyone clamoring for a sequel and decide not to make it. Even if this particular rumor isn't true, we all know there will be a sequel eventually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That looks like fun, but follows the same formula started by Spider-Man 2 (the movie) back in 2004. I said on Twitter that to me the perfect approach to a Spider-Man game would be an RPG balancing the super hero life with regular life, including income, school and romance. That gets to the essence of who Spider-Man is.