Random video game thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like fun, but follows the same formula started by Spider-Man 2 (the movie) back in 2004. I said on Twitter that to me the perfect approach to a Spider-Man game would be an RPG balancing the super hero life with regular life, including income, school and romance. That gets to the essence of who Spider-Man is.

:holyshit: I would play the shit out of that! An RPG / Sims-style Spider-Man game would be amazing! Spectacular, even. The ultimate Spider-Man game, dare I say. It would hook me in its web like a... okay, I'll stop now.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bioware said today that they're "resting" Mass Effect for a while. Andromeda didn't set the world on fire, so they're going to focus on new projects for a while.

They stress that the franchise isn't dead, but if it ever comes back, it'll be awhile. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

When Sephiroth murdered Aerith in Final Fantasy VII, why couldn't they just revive her with a Phoenix Down? People are killed much more violently and revived in the Final Fantasy universe all the time, including in FFVII.  What was so special about being impaled on that big sword? Are deaths in cut scenes more final than deaths in battle?

• 6 months later...

The story of Yoshi's Island annoyed me. Mario was a plumber who found the Mushroom Kingdom as an adult, but then Yoshi's Island retconned his origin so he was rescued from the Koopas as a baby.

Because the deep story and mythos of Super Mario Bros. is so important.

I nitpick waaaaaaay too much.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Square Enix's official Facebook page for Final Fantasy VII contained "No Spoilers" with a screen shot. I commented:

Um, you are seriously saying “no spoilers” about a game that came out in 1997? I think everyone knows the plot by now, unless you have made drastic changes.

Of course, that is far from the biggest problem with Square-Enix.

I played Castlevania III a little bit, and had forgotten how punishingly hard that game is. I remembered it being a lot more forgiving than the first game. I also don't have nearly the reflexes and coordination at 46 that I did at 17, so there's that.

Now get off my lawn.