Episode 67

RSS

considered that they, along with Beyond and the Titans, are considered the red headed step children of the DCAU.

Batman Beyond a red headed step child of the DCAU? no way! :D

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the majority opinion of Batman fans on Terry and the world of Batman Beyond, from a non-comics forum:

BATMAN BEYOND is a lame attempt to try and Manga-nize the Batman, and it is neither visually, thematically or narratively in the BATMAN mythos. It is a futuristic spinoff with a diffferent character (a kid) wearing a different costume, with different powers, fighting different villains for different reasons. That they prop up poor old Bruce as sort of a grumpy old Yoda for the Manga Bat-kid just adds insult to injury. It has no place in the Batman filmography.

Is that the same forum that claimed Adham and I knew bugger all about Bond films because we're in our twenties and didn't like the theme for Octopussy?

Is that the same forum that claimed Adham and I knew bugger all about Bond films because we're in our twenties and didn't like the theme for Octopussy?

Is there like an anti-Earth-2.net forum out there, like Earth-3? I know that back when I posted on Television Without Pity's forums, there was an anti-TWoP website. It would be awesome if we had an evil double website out there, out to criticize everything and raise The Terrible Trio and Toys in The Hood as the best works of the DCAU. Oh, and they think Dodo rocks and their lord and master loves Jeph Loeb and never makes accidental sexual remarks.

...their lord and master loves Jeph Loeb and never makes accidental sexual remarks.

Wait...

Does this alternate Master agree that Teen Titans is not in continuity?

I might have to defect...

No, but there's high praise for the Burton / Schumaker Batman films and Scooby-Doo.

I must come clean, I have not been downloading World's Finest lately with the Static Shock, Gotham Girls, etc coverage. I'm a baaad man, I know. I just don't have the time to watch those episodes, but I have seen BTAS, STAS, BB, JL, and JLU already and I just would hate to listen to a bunch of episodes about shows I don't have a big need to see. If it redeems me any though, I do intend to watch Teen Titans as you do that series.

Speaking of which, TEEN TITANS IS NOT DCAU CANON.

Or IT IS.

Or whichever position puts me in the minority. I have no problem generating controversy for the sake of it. It's fiction, not worth getting mad about. Reaganomics on the other hand, but that would be a digression. :D

Speaking of which, TEEN TITANS IS NOT DCAU CANON.

Or IT IS.

Or whichever position puts me in the minority. I have no problem generating controversy for the sake of it. It's fiction, not worth getting mad about. Reaganomics on the other hand, but that would be a digression. :D

Yeah, let's not. When it comes to Teen Titans, things get messy on this board. Best just to look the other way.

I cannot see why not, it got you to respond. I wouldn't mind starting a new thread and not derailing this one. Otherwise, what's the fear? It's just a show and the guys are going to cover it anyway. Or is that a contentious issue as well, WFP merely covering it? I must admit I would find that odd.

Out of deference to your nightmares about fiction (though that's really a different podcast on this website :evil: ) I will not awaken this discussion again then. My point still stands however, continuity keeps people talking. Honestly that seems to be a weakness of all the internet fandom forums though. Focus on continuity at the expense of the other aspects of a given work.

...their lord and master loves Jeph Loeb and never makes accidental sexual remarks.

Wait...

Does this alternate Master agree that Teen Titans is not in continuity?

I might have to defect...

No, but there's high praise for the Burton / Schumaker Batman films and Scooby-Doo.

Heh, well I did find the one podcast, called Two True Freaks over at thecomicforums.com, where both hosts HATE both Chris Nolan films.

They don't think too highly of the Burton/Schumacher films either though. One of the hosts though considers Mask of The Phantasm the ONLY feature film ever made featuring Batman, that was a good Batman film.

No, its not the anti-Terry one, that believe or not was from a New York Mets forum!