The Return of Bruce Wayne!

prez

Shiloh Norman beat the Omega Sanction as well. Besides, as Morrison had established before in Seven Soldiers, the Omega Sanction kills by trapping the person in a series of progressively worse alternate realities. Well, now that I typed that, the time travel aspect is explained. Really, Bruce beating the Omega Sanction just means he has that strong of a will.

Yeah, but isn't it meant to be the ultimate stages of hell then? So, anything Bruce faces after that, won't be as hard, and characters need to face bigger challenges, they need to grow for people to keep them current and people to care for them. But at the same time, this is a comic, and having Bruce beat that, shows he is the toughest non-meta in the DCU.

Anyway, I don't mind the idea of the time travel, I'm just sad, cause I like Dick as batman right now, it feels right, a good progression. Also, theirs a chance he could be Nightwing again, cause the war of the Supermen and Chris's fast metabolism(if wrong call me out on this) means he could die by the end of that story, leaving Dick to be Nightwing again, but that would be a backwards step and will not make the Grayson fans happy.

I hope Bruce comes back and we get GOOD Batman comics, cause the stuff right now, I am just not enjoying, Batman and Robin nosedived, Batman was fucking awful under Winick and Bagley, Streets of Gotham did not give what it promised(Though still a good comic, it's about Batman, not the people of Gotham which we were told it would be) Red Robin is just annoying and is getting on my nerves, Sirens is a cheesecake book with a horrible artist, and Superman/Batman and Confidential don't count as they are not current.

The only one still being good is Batwoman, because she is actually interesting, though their throwing Batman back in their, which is sad.

That's just my opinion, not fact, just one man's thoughts on the subject, crap grammar and all.

Honestly, I'm sick of people bitching about Morrison's Batman run.

I agree, I enjoyed his run, except for the last three issues of Batman and Robin. But I blame most of that on the art.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People? Up until about four posts ago, I was the only person around here that was actively anti-Morrison.

I've sort of decided I'm done talking about him, since the conversation just goes in circles, but I had to take the opportunity to approve of someone actually agreeing with me for once.

People? Up until about four posts ago, I was the only person around here that was actively anti-Morrison.

People referring to the comic book community at large, not just Earth-2.net.

Say what you want about him, he gets people talking.

Also, wonder if this will be revealed in Red Robin or Batman and Robin?

Cause the solicitations for Feb say that Tim knows, so will he find out in Red Robin or will DC do the same crap they did for Blackest Night and have expected you to have read the other book.

Tim has two pages of monologue talking all about the Black lantern Jack Drake while fighting with the league of assasins against the council of spiders.

Cause, Tim needs to have that "Told you!" moment.

Spoiler tags cause of what's happened in Red Robin right now.

I've sort of decided I'm done talking about him, since the conversation just goes in circles, but I had to take the opportunity to approve of someone actually agreeing with me for once.

As of 21 minutes ago?

As of a while ago. I didn't mention Morrison's name a single time until Prez's post.

My favs:

"This should answer all of your questions about LOST. I was behind the whole damn thing."

"Just killed and stuffed a T-Rex, putting in in the future location of the Batcave..."

"Hey God, Cain did it. Yeah, that's right. I'm BATMAN."

"Cons: no sewage, people shit everywhere, the women are hairier than Grodd, no one gets when I'm talking down to them."

... hairier than Grodd :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Newsarama story

Morrison's THE RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE in April 2010

By Lucas Siegel

The week of DC 2010 announcements continued this morning with one fans have quite simply been waiting for. On the official DCU Blog The Source (dcu.blog.dccomics.com) and in USA Today, the anticipated Return of Bruce Wayne was made official.

Written by current Batman and Robin scribe, and now long-established helmsman of Batman's flagship comics Grant Morrison, the story will see where Bruce Wayne has been since being hit with Darkseid's Omega Sanction eyebeams in Final Crisis #6 (also by Morrison). The character was pronounced dead by the characters of the DCU, with only his protegé and adopted son Tim Drake Wayne, now Red Robin, believing him to still be alive, searching for clues to lead to his return.

The six issue mini-series, beginning in April 2010, will follow Bruce Wayne in a journey through time, trying to find his way back to the present-day Gotham City he calls home. Each issue will feature art by a different art team, with Chris Sprouse handling

the first issue (featuring Caveman/Viking Batman), and Frazer Irving handling the second (featuring Witch-hunter Batman). Superstar artist Andy Kubert is doing character designs on the series, as shown here.

In an interview with USA Today (USAToday.com), Morrison said of the series, "[it's] the latest chapter in the long-running, "definitive" Batman epic I've been trying to pull off since 2005, [but] Return has been structured and written to read as a complete story on its own." So readers who haven't been reading Morrison's run with the character for the last several years should still be able to keep up with this series.

He also revealed some of the settings of the series, including the Late-Paleolithic Era (Caveman/Viking Batman), a Pilgrim-era Gotham (Witch-hunter Batman), a Pirate Batman, a "western" style Gotham with Cowboy Batman, and a Noir Private Investigator Batman. Morrison, agian to USAToday.com, calls this story " Bruce Wayne's ultimate challenge — Batman vs. history itself!"

The other artists on the series will be announced soon.

Honestly? Fuck Grant Morrison.