The Return of Bruce Wayne!

prez

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the tip of the "gun", it's pointed. I think it's a curved throwing knife.

In that picture? He's holding the reins of the horse, and his other hand is closed, making a fist. Also, Batman, would never used a gun to take out some western wanker, he would use a batarang in a ten pace gun duel, nuff said.

I was just thinking, you know what my biggest problem with this is? Batman goes from pre-history, to 1600's America in two issues. Darkseid could send him anywhere in time, and he's back to his own continent and within four hundred years after one fucking issue? I want Knight-Batman. I want Samurai Batman. I want fucking VIKING BATMAN. I mean, how big of a difference is there going to be between witch hunter, cowboy and pirate?

Also, if Cowbats doesn't take a swing at Jonah Hex before grumbling: "Oh, your scars are on the right side of your face. Sorry, I thought you were someone else," I'm going to be horribly fucking let down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just read Batman and Robin #10, and I have a question.

Why are people not talking about the fact that Bruce Wayne's family tree just exploded all of a sudden? If he has this huge history that his family has always been aware of, and their huge portraits have just been gathering dust, why is it just popping up now? And wouldn't such a crop of ancestors in all probability mean that Bruce has a big extended family that has never been mentioned? I assume Bruce is changing the past, but have Dick and Alfred never walked through Wayne Manor before? Because all this shit just hanging around might have been brought up once or twice. (Of course, all this can just be explained away as the consequences of time travel - which I'm sure will be Morrison's excuse.)

I know there was a joke comic posted about this in the Random Hilarity thread, but it's a legitimate point. Is everyone so in love with Morrison's bullshit that they'll accept him completely changing the history of the Batman character?

Whoa! Anti-Morrison much?

DC has always painted the Wayne family as a legacy stretching back to colonial times. Sure it doesn't make sense that there are no other Gotham-bound relatives of Wayne if the family tree goes back so far but it is totally not Morrison's fault in any way. I would guess, this is him trying to explain it.

If Bruce ends up being his own grandfather, I am going to call Futurama on that.

Its worse than that. He's going to wind up being every other member of his direct male line for centuries. By all rights we're luck Bruce Wayne isn't running around with no discernible chin, pissing on people shouting "HUMPERDIDOO!"

If Bruce ends up being his own grandfather, I am going to call Futurama on that.

Its worse than that. He's going to wind up being every other member of his direct male line for centuries. By all rights we're luck Bruce Wayne isn't running around with no discernible chin, pissing on people shouting "HUMPERDIDOO!"

Wonder if Morrison will do that to keep Dick as Batman and have Damien saying "That's my daddy!"

Wonder if Morrison will do that to keep Dick as Batman and have Damien saying "That's my daddy!"

Koete, gave you the answer.

I was going to say "I've read stories of extended Wayne Family" but I couldn't remember when or where so I didn't. I'm sure there's more than just this one issue too.

Koete, gave you the answer.

I was going to say "I've read stories of extended Wayne Family" but I couldn't remember when or where so I didn't. I'm sure there's more than just this one issue too.

I was just adding to what Stavros said about the inbreeding in the Wayne family.

Anyway, the Waynes were mentioned also in other media, when talking about how the Batcave in Batman Begins, Alfred said one of Bruce's ancestors helped the slaves with an underground railroad.