Episode 68

RSS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly. Thank Fuck we are finally on the Justice League, the Teen Titans and the JLU.

On a down point though I agree with Mike. I have always hated the intro animation to the JL. The score is fantastic but the weird 3d animation models of the JL members are terrible. They bare no resemblance to any of the characters and just seems out of place.

On a separate issue. I admit I know nothing about Wonder Woman. All I do know is from the DCAU and the WW animated movie (which was awesome) but I have never been able to get why she can fly. As an Amazon I get the great strength and agility and I know she is born of Gods and Goddesses but flying really? and given that she can fly, why the invisible jet?

She was born to have most of the Olympian gods' greatest attributes--the speed of Hermes, the strength of Zeus, the wisdom of Athena, etc. I don't see why she wouldn't be able to fly--to me, that falls under the "Hermes" category.

As far as the invisible jet goes, I just assume that they took Themysciran technology and added it to Steve Trevor's downed jet.

She was born to have most of the Olympian gods' greatest attributes--the speed of Hermes, the strength of Zeus, the wisdom of Athena, etc. I don't see why she wouldn't be able to fly--to me, that falls under the "Hermes" category.

As far as the invisible jet goes, I just assume that they took Themysciran technology and added it to Steve Trevor's downed jet.

I know it makes sense. I guess to me it always looked weird as a character design when she is flying. For some reason it doesn't sit well with me. The others I belive. She just jars for some reason.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Yep. Watch the episode "Twilight" and listen to Newburn's voice. It's amazing how dark the character sounds there.

not only in Twilight James also in Destroyer... but I know you guys will get to that :D And Newbern has the best Superman "in pain" screams!

The jet is one of the most convoluted things in the DCU.

The Wonder Woman animated DVD film explains it slightly in the directors' commentary: that it was some magical thing the Amazons had that modeled itself after the technology of Steve Trevor's plane.

Of course, they don't say that in the actual film, because actually trying to explain the jet makes you sound like a crazy person. :P

and given that she can fly, why the invisible jet?

I believe it's a hold over from the golden age when Wondie couldn't fly and the amazons were a technologically advanced society.

Also, it helps her when she needs to carry passengers, like Batman in "For the Man Who Has Everything" and Steve Trevor in the WW movie.

Besides, would you want to exert all that mental force necessary to fly across the Atlantic ocean?

Just wanted to post a clarification about my email regarding Hotstreak. Didn't mean to imply that the scene in the hospital in the first episode or so was why he hated hospitals. Meant that perhaps the stay in the hospital when he was younger before the show started could have been a contributing factor to why he got out of there as fast as he did. Granted, as hot headed as he is he probably would have anyway, but something to think about.

Crud, sent an feedback e-mail about Hippolyta and didn't even realize that the hair thing has been said all over on the thread.

As for counts, one must also look at the "Batman defies to laws of probability by surviving" count. Seriously, the sheer amount of times that Batman should be dead in Justice League is exponential.

Guest DCAUFan1051

As for counts, one must also look at the "Batman defies to laws of probability by surviving" count. Seriously, the sheer amount of times that Batman should be dead in Justice League is exponential.

Dark Heart comes to mind... "this is batman I need air support since I can't fly AT ALL" :D

also in starcrossed when he guides the watchtower to target

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A thought has occurred to me: Could the character of Senator Carter be paying homage to Edgar Rice Burroughs' character John Carter from his Martian books?

Senator Carter is referred to as J. Allen Carter. The J could stand for John. He was an astronaut visiting Mars. Burroughs' character of John Carter was a Confederate officer who was transported to Mars and is then referred to as John Carter of Mars. Coincidence?

For those interested, I highly recommend Burroughs' Martian novels.