What do you want from E2 in 2010?

Missy

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. Starting with TOS or going to do something nutty and go chronological (start with First Contact, move to EnterpriseN then do TOS)?

Starting with the new movie (just to capture the current phenomenon that is J.J. Abrams' Trek film), then going all the way back to TOS and reviewing every episode and movie in release order. (except for the animated series)

Kind of like WFP but with Trek instead.

I've got a co-host who's never really watched much Trek in his life, so it'll be cool to get both the hardcore Trek fan's [my] perspective in comparison to his.

I know your voice will be just about dead at the end of recordings, but maybe reading a quick excerpt from a column posted that week for The Show?

I've long thought about doing just that. Or rather, having the author read the column / review. The reason I've never moved forward is because it adds more time to the prep / editing work, 'cause I have to choose what's to be read, get the author to record it, then edit the audio. Even if the author edits it him or herself, I still have to pick the piece and have them record the audio before the show hits. It would all be done very last minute, and would hinge on the author's schedule. Time wise, it's just not doable.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Again, that comes down to server space. Whereas avatars can be linked to from outside sources, personal images cannot. Meaning, they must be hosted by the same server that hosts the forums.

don't some servers offer a option either from computer/web something like that? Because if it was from web the image hosting websites would work...... I think.

Like I said, we can do that with avatars, but not with the personal photos. Honestly, I don't know why it's restricted like that, but that's the way the company has it configured.

Should I ever wind up hosting the forums on my own server, then we'll be able to do it. But that's expensive. So until E2 starts bringing in revenue through the banner ads, little things like that will have to remain as they are.

Like I said, we can do that with avatars, but not with the personal photos. Honestly, I don't know why it's restricted like that, but that's the way the company has it configured.

Should I ever wind up hosting the forums on my own server, then we'll be able to do it. But that's expensive. So until E2 starts bringing in revenue through the banner ads, little things like that will have to remain as they are.

Why did you chose to host the forums on such an expensive host, instead of hosting it on you own server (IE: where E-2 is hosted)using a servive such as phpbb?

You could do a merchandise section of the site.

I mean, you mention the DVD's and comics that come out, but what about the figures and the statues, they should get some love too.

No offense, man, but that section would just scream "Paid attention to for the first two weeks and then forgotten about after that."

You could do a merchandise section of the site.

I mean, you mention the DVD's and comics that come out, but what about the figures and the statues, they should get some love too.

No offense, man, but that section would just scream "Paid attention to for the first two weeks and then forgotten about after that."

Fair point.

Guest DCAUFan1051

A Forum Section dedicated to Conventions maybe? like have a thread for each major con and people can post when they hear about the event being scheduled and discuss each convention if they attend or whatever... like for Transformers fans Botcon has been announced that it will be at Disney World in 2010.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I can see threads for convention talk, such as one for comic conventions, anime ones, etc. But a whole section? I'm not sure there would be much demand.

ok what I'm saying is like you have a section for WFP with individual threads for episodes/and other topics. That's what I meant by section. Not like there's a comics and then video games section. Maybe I wasn't clear in what I was asking.

It's a place to hold tournaments. But I've fallen way behind on organizing new ones. That said, things are moving forward on the Best Teenage Superhero tournament. DW has sent me all of the images, and they've been resized and formatted. All that's left is to decide on a launch date.