Inception

JackFetch

OK, that looks awesome. I'll watch anything Nolan does because he's never made a film that isn't pure fried rocket powered diamond-studded platinum. Memento was great, Insomnia was the last great Pacino performance, Batman & Dark Knight reinvented cinema superheroes and The Prestige is one of my favourite films of all time. On top of that Ellen Page is usually good and Dicaprio is the one of the best there is right now in terms of a guy with star power who can really perform on screen. I will watch this the second it comes out.

From what I can tell, most of this is probably going to be focusing around stealing the idea or a start of an idea in a guy's mind, and Ellen Page might be playing the personification of the idea (just a wild guess). Some very Batman-film-esque moments in there. Looks intriguing, but I think I'll wait for more info.

• 4 months later...

Very much got a Dark Knight meets Dark City feel to it, it's nice to see a sci-fi concept film with such a great budget and crew behind it. Plus Nolan's pretty much my favourite director of the last ten years, so this is a must for me.

• 2 months later...

Am I the only one that saw the ending coming from a mile away?

I mean, they stated in the film that you notice how bizarre dreams are after you wake up, but there was no discernable difference between the "real" world and the dream world. So it would logically follow that "reality" is not reality.

Right from the start, I thought, "Wait, how do we know this isn't also a dream? I bet it is. I bet that's the twist."

Still thought it was great, though.

Saw it the other day. Fantastic film, after watching it I came to the conclusion, it is just a classic heist movie, but done in a different setting.

You had the mastermind, the old guard, the tech guy, the best friend, the newbie and the guy who was just along for the ride.

That didn't stop it being one of the best films I've seen all year.

I was expecting, since I found out the ending beforehand for that to ruin the film for me. But really, it did nothing, it was just a bonus.

I gotta be honest, I didn't have my mind blown when I went to see it and after the initial thrill of theorizing and discussing wore off, my mind remained unblown. I still think it's a very good film and Nolan is still one of my favorite modern directors, I just don't think it's the masterpiece of the decade.

I'm not totally convinced that it was all a dream, I think the ending is somewhat open to interpretation. But if it is all a dream that would actually negate a big plot hole someone pointed out. Why not have his kids move to another country with him. If it's a dream though, and it's his narrative, then all he cares about is going home, so that covers it.

I thought JGL was possibly better than Leo, but I'd have to watch it again to see. One thing that Nolan is absolutely amazing at doing is putting together an ensemble cast. I know he appears to have his favourites, but the whole team really seemed to click.

A comment on a review site I read thought that it was just a basic heist movie, with all the standard characters from that genre. Interesting view and I don't totally discount it. The experienced leader, the faithful 2IC, the newbie, the tech/sci head, etc.

Why not have his kids move to another country with him. If it's a dream though, and it's his narrative, then all he cares about is going home, so that covers it.

Better question: why was he allowed to talk to his children if he was a suspected murderer?

I just assumed he had a new number he gave them all the time to contact him, or something Mission Impossible like that

I thought we only needed spoiler tags on the first couple of days of release, or is it not released somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...

Between how easily Ariadne joins the crew and Saito magically appearing in Mombasa when Cobb needs to be saved from corporate agents, most of if not the entire film has to be a dream.

Saito is the owner of a global energy company, so he's got plenty of money to hire spies to follow Cobb - it's also a movie with a time limit that audiences will tolerate. Ariadne joining up quickly, who wouldn't want to play around with dreams??? Also, again, it's a movie with a time frame tolerance for the public. I wouldn't mind a 3 hour Inception if it was just as good as the released cut, but a lot of people get pretty pissy about movies approaching or over 2 hours, even if it is really good.