The Convention Thread

dc20willsave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Along with the dude who heads Fables and a bunch of people from True Blood, including Pam. (I still need to watch that.)

I have seen seasons 1 and 2 as well as part of 3.... still working on it. My friends here got me hooked..... so I rather wish I could go... Granted I could still have a trick up my sleeve.... only time shall unfold this one though.

I wouldn't mind getting on this C2E2 train next year. My girlfriend and I both want to visit the US, and I'd love to go to a big convention like this as part of the trip.

I really think we should try to make this a yearly thing. They haven't announced next year's dates yet but it's been in the March/April time window in the past. I'll make sure to sent you the Facebook event invite when they do announce them.

As we're getting down to the wire here, I say we go ahead and start working out the boarding details. I've booked a 2-bed smoking room from Thursday to Monday if someone(s) want to split the tab with me. Also, I'll be there a couple of days early to visit family and will have a car available to pick up and drop-off people if necessary. I will NOT be a designated driver, however, so don't even bother asking about that.

Should know within the next seven days or so whether or not I'm going officially.

Room wise, I'm getting my own unless someone wants to write about our time together, and call it Tuesday's with Dubs.

Austen, this is going to sound like a dumb question but does this mean there's still the possibility you can make it?

I keep pressing that bastard Fisher to confirm that he's going, but he's still not booked his flights. Yeesh!

Well, tell him if he doesn't, you'll put together an outtake reel of his most embarrassing FYEO moments and send it to everyone he's even remotely related to.

Should know within the next seven days or so whether or not I'm going officially.

Room wise, I'm getting my own unless someone wants to write about our time together, and call it Tuesday's with Dubs.

Austen, this is going to sound like a dumb question but does this mean there's still the possibility you can make it?

Sad as it is, no, I definitely can't afford it this year. :cry:

The return of Adham Fisher is marked by the almost final confirmation of rumours that have been circulating for the past three months.

ADHAM FISHER HAS BOOKED HIS PLANE TICKETS, HAS C2E2 IN HIS SIGHTS AND CHICAGO SHALL DROP UNDER PRESSURE!!!

In the words of Venneh, hell to the fuck yes.

So sorry to be rather late off the mark here, but I have been otherwise engaged. I say “almost final confirmation” at the moment because I have not received my tickets yet. Ian has suggested I inform you all of the developments as there might be accommodation sharing opportunities.

Also, as part of my visit to Chicago I will attempt to visit each station on the El as quickly as possible – an unofficial attempt on another system for the Guinness World Record which is applicable to the London Tube and New York Subway. If anyone wants to join me on this, in whole or in part, let me know. The rules are here. The attempt will take place on either Friday the 18th or Monday the 21st.