The Convention Thread

dc20willsave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, contrary to the on the plane forms I had to fill out last time I went to the states apparently you need to fill out an online ESTA visa waiver form at least 72 hours before flying. Good thing I found out, I might have been turned back at the airport.

Just in case Ian or Adham need it- ESTA

So, figured, we're a couple of days from the con so here's some quick reminders.

1)First off, the shuttle schedule can be located right here. Most of us are going to be staying at the Best Western so we're on route 1.

2)One of the Comics Blogs has been nice enough to scope out the convention center for bathroom, wi-fi, and food information.

3) Next up, the weather. According to Weather.com, it's going to be rainy and in the fifties most of the weekend. Bringing an umbrella and a light jacket might be a safe bet.

4) The con map. You don't to get it memorized but this way you don't find yourself looking in the wrong building.

199813_10150113692177309_538887308_6559982_713343_n.jpg

Preview of all the cookies I am baking for y'all.

http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_information/station.aspx?StopId=110 <- Information on the CTA line that comes out of O'Hare, for you Brit types.

Also, for those of you who have phones capable of running apps, there's a C2E2 map that has a list of guests, panels, vendors, maps, etc.

Two more days!

EDIT: And the final damage:

198541_10150113755622309_538887308_6560466_155836_n.jpg

Sweet, looking forward to those Hannah.

Ian, take the blue line subway towards forest park, Get on at O'Haire, get off at LaSalle, on West Congress Parkway. Head east for 8 minutes along that road and Best Western is right there. Google Maps has all the pub transit info.

Good job Will, as ever you are proving to be by far the best organised of all of us. Although I would mention that we're only staying one mile from McCormick Place. Think I might just walk it. It's just down past Soldier Field.

Well, still, the shuttles are there for the end of the night when you're tired from walking around or when you don't want to walk in the rain.

Also, the Doctor Who Store is going to have an Ironside Dalek for photo-ops.

Damn, I'm glad I found this thread! I was planning on coming to the con myself, most likely on Saturday, but possibly Friday as well, if I can find anyone to meet there. Not having been to C2E2 before, I was a bit hesitant, but I do know downtown pretty well, and have attended Chicago TARDIS out in Lombard, so I figure I'll just go for it. Hope to meet some of you and put a face to the names I've enjoyed reading here on the boards and listening to on the `casts. And if Ian's doing a museum tour, well, so much the better... :yes:

I demand pictures from the convention of all you troublemakers.

Between Adham photographing everything and Ian busting out his microphone at the drop of a meal, I believe we will have are activities very well covered. Too be fair, though, no one has done anything outrageously stupid...yet.