dc20willsave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dc has added their panels.

So, okay, here's a prospective schedule. If you are going and have anything you'd like to add, go ahead.

Wednesday, April 11th: Kellen makes his way to Chicago. The rest of us pack and get ready to head out or are already on the road.

Thursday, April 12th: Will and whoever he has in the car arrive in Chicago, check into the Hotel, rest. After that, we all go to pick up Hannah from Chicago Union Station. One she is checked in back at the hotel, we eat dinner at TBA, enjoy talking to each other. At this point, I suggest going to Jewel Osco to pick up any spirits/snacks to keep us going as we go into the first of many nights of hanging out. Will will be bringing Flux and a couple of DVDs that I need to pick out. Same with Kellen.

Friday, April 13th: We meet Dubs at Chicago's Union Station. After dropping his stuff at the hotel, we head to C2E2 at the McCormick Place's North Building. The Door's open at 1. We go to cons, shop, etc. Come back to the hotel, eat, and hang out together. I suggest doing Sushi this day, at either Ma and I which, outside of Sushi, does have things for those not Sushi-Inclined, or Oysy, which has more of a variety. After dinner, more hanging out in the hotel.

Saturday, April 14th: Everyone wishes Will a Happy Birthday. Here's where things get complicated. A couple of people have expressed interest in the John Barrowman panel. So, here's the compromise: Anyone who doesn't wish to do the panel enjoys a nice day of sleeping in. Anyone that does get up at about 8 and then gets Breakfast at Yolk. We then head over to the con where people look around but more advisable, since this is probably going to be one of the bigger panels, we head over to the IGN Theater to wait in line. Once the panel is over at 12: 45, anyone inclined to stay at the con may. The rest of us head back to the hotel, pick up our compatriots, and go to The Galloping Ghost Arcade. Roommate Matt can drive providing everyone is willing to chip in on Parking and gas. After playing Galaga until our thumbs are sore and getting our collective asses kicked by Dubs at [insert Fighting Game Here] we order pizza at Giordanos Pizza, picking it up on the way. Then back to the hotel for out final night of ass-kicking and bubblegum and we're all out of asskicking.

Sunday, April 15th: People wake up and do breakfast, either at Yolk or at the hotel restaurant. If the last two years are any indication, Will has a hangover this entire day. After some people check out or pack up their stuff, we head over to C2E2 where we shop, go to panels, etc. People leave when they need to, and we have the remains of an awesome day. Also, Will and Hannah upload a crapton of pictures to Facebook and this thread.

Also, Panels I want to do:

Friday:

3:45 PM - 4:45 PM Food and Comics

5:00 PM - 6:00 PM The State of Play in Tabletop Roleplaying Gaming or

5:15 PM - 6:15 PM Jhonen Vasquez Q&A

Sunday

12:00 PM - 1:00 PM, Chicks Dig Comics

That said, I'll probably go to more panels than those. Anyone have one they think we should do as a group?

Oh, btw, I will be baking again this year: everyone good with mint chocolate chip and cherry white chocolate chip cookies? (Not enough money/time for the quintuple chocolates, sadly.)

Also, panels I'm interested in:

Food and Comics, Friday 3:45

I'm morbidly curious about the Before Watchmen panel on Saturday, but not enough that I'll forgo the arcade for it.

Okay, making changes based off consesus/not knowing everything. Damn limited omniscience! I've bolded changes.

Wednesday, April 11th: Kellen makes his way to Chicago. The rest of us pack and get ready to head out or are already on the road.

Thursday, April 12th: Dubs get into town and has wacky hijinks with Kellen, probably involving food, bananas, and a run in with a man named Blast Hardcheese or Slab Bulkhead or something. Will and roomie Matt leave in the car and arrive in Chicago around 3, check into the Hotel, rest. After that, we all go to pick up Hannah from Chicago Union Station. On the way, pick up the pizzas from Gioradano's that we ordered on the way. Hannah gets checked in and we eat. At this point, I suggest going to Jewel Osco to pick up any spirits/snacks to keep us going as we go into the first of many nights of hanging out. Will will be bringing Flux and a couple of DVDs that I need to pick out. Same with Kellen.

Friday, April 13th: We enjoy a late breakfast and then we head to C2E2 at the McCormick Place's North Building. The Door's open at 1. We go to panels, shop, etc. Come back to the hotel, eat, and hang out together. I suggest doing Sushi this day, at either Hot Woks, Cold Sushi, which is a further trek but looks cheaper, or Oysy, which is closer but more expensive. After dinner, more hanging out in the hotel.

Saturday, April 14th: Everyone wishes Will a Happy Birthday. Here's where things get complicated. A couple of people have expressed interest in the John Barrowman panel. So, here's the compromise: Anyone who doesn't wish to do the panel enjoys a nice day of sleeping in. Anyone that does get up at about 8 and then gets Breakfast at Yolk. We then head over to the con where people look around but more advisable, since this is probably going to be one of the bigger panels, we head over to the IGN Theater to wait in line. Once the panel is over at 12: 45, anyone inclined to stay at the con may. The rest of us head back to the hotel, pick up our compatriots, and go to The Galloping Ghost Arcade. Roommate Matt can drive providing everyone is willing to chip in on Parking and gas. If everyone goes, as long as no one has compunctions with being friendly, everyone can fit. After playing Galaga until our thumbs are sore and getting our collective asses kicked by Dubs at [insert Fighting Game Here] we decide on something for dinner. As much I don't want any form of Happy Birthday to occur, perhaps someplace that has cake. Then back to the hotel for out final night of ass-kicking and bubblegum and we're all out of asskicking.

Sunday, April 15th: People wake up and do breakfast, either at Yolk or at the hotel restaurant. If the last two years are any indication, Will has a hangover this entire day. After some people check out or pack up their stuff, we head over to C2E2 where we shop, go to panels, etc. People leave when they need to, and we have the remains of an awesome day. Also, Will and Hannah upload a crapton of pictures to Facebook and this thread.