• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Comic-Con has posted their schedule.

If I was there I'd be pissed that the Marvel: Cup O Joe and Green Lantern movie events overlap.

Hmm...I'd rather eat con food than listen to Quesada NOT answer questions for 56 minutes.

Just announced for Horrorfind -

The hot chick and the Japanese guy from Human Centipede!

If he doesn't speak English, it will be the greatest appearance ever.

Also, that chick could give me whiskey and ecstasy after breaking up with my significant other and I still couldn't kiss her. The imagery would be too much.

I usually don't get excited over the media guests at a Comic Book Convention but both William Shatner and Sir Patrick Stewart are going to be at Wizard World Chicago. Hell yeah!

Get them to fight and you'll be my god.

£50 on Shatner. He can always pull out the double axe handle for the finish.

For everyone planning on doing C2E2 next year, the dates have been changed. It is now slated at March 18-20th. (If I had to make a guess why, it was to avoid being the week after WonderCon.) Just figured I would give the heads up even if it's like 8 or 9 months away.

In other news, Avery Brooks is also going to be at Wizard World Chicago. If they get Kate Mulgrew and Scott Bakula, it would be even more awesome. Once again, it's a comic book convention where I don't give two shits about the comic book guests but the Media Guests I might actually care about.

Also, Avery Brooks might be the wild card in the proposed Shatner/Stewart fight.

Yeah, Shatner is the world's foremost practitioner of 70s White Man Kung Fu.

Also, when he's stranded on a planet with a reptilian alien hostile, he fights it. He doesn't try to UNDERSTAND it. Picard is a girl.

You can say "Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra" until the cows come home, it doesn't beat a homemade cannon.

For everyone planning on doing C2E2 next year, the dates have been changed. It is now slated at March 18-20th. (If I had to make a guess why, it was to avoid being the week after WonderCon.) Just figured I would give the heads up even if it's like 8 or 9 months away.

Well, shit son, that works perfectly, cause that's right at the end of my spring break! I can just head from Chicago back up to school that Sunday!

• 1 month later...

I only went to Baltimore Comic Con on Saturday this year, but I had just as great a time. Creator wise, I got to talk to Eric Powell about the Goon movie teaser and give Jeff Parker my condolences on the cancellation of another fine Agents of Atlas series. I also got to meet Ben Templesmith, whose picture should be next to the word "cool" in the dictionary. Along with Powell and Templesmith, I consider Gabriel Hardman and Sean Murphy to be doing some of the best art in comics and it was great getting to tell them how much I love their work. I commissioned a sketch of Red Jack, one of my favorite minor villains, from Gabe and it turned out fantastic:

bc1023.jpg

I also got an excellent Final Crisis style Darkseid mini-sketch from Dave Wachter, co-creator of the webcomic The Guns of Shadow Valley.

bc1024.jpg

The highlight of the con though was getting to meet comics legend Jerry Robinson, probably best known as the creator of The Joker.

bc105.jpg

When I asked if I could get a picture with him, he joked, "No, you're wearing a Spider-Man shirt, that's blasphemy." One of the best experiences I've had meeting a creator, especially a creator of Jerry Robinson's caliber. I missed getting a pre-release copy of Abrams' book on Robinson's career, but I'll definitely be buying one when it comes out.

I only went to one panel this year, in which Klaus Janson and Howard Chaykin critiqued pages from art school students who registered to attend a seminar by the pair prior to the panel. I am not a big fan of either creator's artwork, but it was fascinating hearing them discuss what worked and what didn't work in the pages. It really enhanced my understanding of how comic book pages are crafted. Also, Howard Chaykin is a very funny guy.

And then there's the requisite con swag, with 50% and 75% off hardcovers:

Batman and Robin: Batman Reborn Deluxe Edition HC

Doctor Who "Bowties Are Cool" t-shirt

Fantastic Four By Waid and Wieringo Vol. 1 HC

Fist of Justice t-shirt

The Guns of Shadow Valley Convention Preview Edition

Heathentown OGN

Incredible Hercules: Smash of The Titans HC

Seven Soldiers of Victory Vol. 1 HC

Superman's Metropolis OGN

Supreme Power MAX Vol. 1 and 2 HCs

Overall, an absolute blast as always and I can't wait until next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kellen mentioned it over in the most recent episode of Animezing Podcast but for anyone that I forgot to send an invite or isn't on Facebook, or I didn't know was on Facebook, here's the event page for C2E2 aka The Earth-2 get together. Mainly set it up so if people need to figure out transport or needed someone to get a hotel room with, the opportunity is there.

• 2 weeks later...