Brightest Day

Missy

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something crashes to Earth, only someone who is worthy can lift it.

Yeah, the end of Blackest Night #8 had me thinking "wait, MJOLNIR is in the DC universe?"

I wonder if Hal will actually be able to lift it? It would make sense that a Green Lantern would actually be able to wield the white light, since Blackest Night established that the key to unlocking the white light is "choosing life," making the green light of willpower (which is, of course, at the center of the spectrum) the key to it all.

Brightest Day #1:

Very, very cool. I still think they're dragging this Deadman thing out too much, but the Aquaman thing was definitely a "HOLY SHIT!" moment for me. Very neat, and it has me intrigued as to why that happened. I've always been a bit indifferent to the Hawks, but I'm interested in their story here, as well.

I don't like that this is both #0 and #1 where they're dragging out the White Lantern bit, but hopefully they don't stretch things out too far.

^I agree with that^

The biggest drawback for me with #1 is that it went back and forth between six different stories, and while they were all good, they only introduced the main conflicts, and didn't actually reveal anything.

The Aquaman stuff is really amazing, though. I'm really happy with it.

Geoff Johns is very much following the same method the 52 gang used with Brightest Day. Even in issue 1 of 52, we really learned nothing. There was barely even a hint that Mr. Mind would be the villain, that the Multiverse would be coming back, or that Black Adam would butcher nearly an entire nation.

• 3 weeks later...

People, (not just this tool) are calling Brightest Day racist, because of some banter between the Firestorms, the death of Ryan Choi and other things.

I think thats refuted by the presence of the new Blaqualad (maybe he's latino, hard to tell from that pic).

Although they did kill Choi and Firestorm's girlfriend. Maybe Dan Didio hates asians. Watch out Dr Light II.

What a douche.

That guy makes my politics look Conservative.

Maybe DC can just have no black people in their comics. That would be cool right? Black people can be bad too. Choi was killed because HE'S BEEN THE MOST USELESS CHARACTER THEY'VE HAD SINCE HE WAS CREATED!

Also, Black Adam isn't an Arab. He's an ancient Egyptian. There's a difference.

Judging a company's creative direction on one issue of a comic is pretty retarded.

Know what's really racist? Creating characters and keeping them around for the sole purpose of having non-white characters. Damned if you do, I guess.