The Wolverine

MaxPower

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The biggest problem I've had with how Wolverine has been used in every movie is how he has to pause when he gets hurt so we can see him heal. Can we be a little more subtle now that he's been in 5 movies? We all know he heals. We don't need a dramatic close up every time.

I've always thought the bigger problem is that it shows what a shitty fighter he is in that he keeps getting the shit beaten out of him.

Not that I'm the audience here anyway.

I've always thought the bigger problem is that it shows what a shitty fighter he is in that he keeps getting the shit beaten out of him.

Not that I'm the audience here anyway.

That's how he is in the comics also. He just runs head first at everything knowing he can't die even though he has ninja training and should know better.

We got our first glimpse at the late Jean Grey in the teaser for The Wolverine two months ago. Since then we've heard little about her appearance in the upcoming film. Given that The Wolverine takes place after the events of X-Men: The Last Stand, and since Jean Grey died (again) in that film, there is really only one possible way that she returns - in a flashback. Famke Janssen spoke with WhatCulture about her cameo and confirmed the nature of her appearance.

"I couldn’t tell you [how much I’m in it]. It’s a flashback sequence, but that’s all I can say. You’ll just have to wait until July!"

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=103973

Hopefully it will be a scene showing they were closer than we saw in the movies, because right now it looks like Logan is all sad about a girl he barely knew but wanted to bang.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure about this now. Most of the reviewers I trust are lamenting how this thing has been CGIed and focus-tested into mediocrity. I'm certainly less happy about it than I was when the project was announced.

I was going to see it today purely out of habit but I don't know now.

I will likely not be seeing this in theaters, but apparently the post credit stinger

is a direct lead-in to Days of Future Past, and confirms Dinklage will be Trask.

That's true except for Dinklage. I didn't see him anywhere in there, though Trask Industries was mentioned in a newscast.