Any Trade Suggestions?

Guest tnr105

Hey everyone,

I only have 100 dollars left from christmas and I have decided to spend it on trades. Here are the ones I am planning to buy so far, if any one read one and it was crappy, please let me know what ones I should get instead (remember, I'm on a budget, no omnibuses)

I plan on getting:

JLA: Tower of Babel (For less than $10 on barnes and noble's website? Fuck yes!)

Batman: the Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul

Marvels

Superman Red Son

Batman Under the Hood (Both volumes)

Green Arrow: Quiver

Captain America: Winter Soldier Volume 2

Daredevil: Return of the King

the following trades are is my modest collection, so no need to suggest them:

The Death of Superman

Batman/Superman:Vengeance

Batman/Superman:Finest Worlds

JLA: Year One

Kingdom COme

Teen Titans Year One

Green Lantern Rebirth

Green Lantern: Revenge of the Green Lanterns

Final Crisis (crap) :sick:

Batman RIP (Crappier) :baby:

The Killing Joke

Infinite Crisis

Batman: Year One

The Dark Knight Returns

The Death of Captain America, volumes 1-3

Captain America Winter Soldier Volume 1

Marvel Civil War

X-Men Noir

Batman Hush

Batman/Superman:Vengeance

Batman/Superman:Finest Worlds

I have never really liked anything in this series, well some stuff was good. The first story arc (public enemies) was awesome, and the supergirl one was okay, but the rest of this series was crap. I was recently disgusted with the issue 65, but then I have started buying more of them after that because it gives focus on some of the more monsterish villains instead of the world's finest, with cool art (not the best writing though), I just love characters like Grundy and Man-Bat.

for these volumes I would just read up to volume 4, then stop at 5.

First of, I'd suggest instocktrades.com...unless you have gift cards. I've never seen cheaper prices for new trades anywhere else. The only deals I've gotten better were from e-bay.

Now onto the books that you're looking at:

Keep:

JLA: Tower of Babel - heard lots of good things about this one, not a bad choice

Marvels - LOVE IT, it's awesome.

Superman Red Son - I personally thought this was good but not great, but everybody else usually loves it, so you might too

Maybe:

Batman Under the Hood (Both volumes)- never read it

Green Arrow: Quiver - hated this, really hated this...thought it was long and boring, and I didn't really understand what was going on (I'm not very knowledgeable about the DC Universe though)

What?:

Captain America: Winter Soldier Volume 2 - Maybe you should start with volume 1?

Daredevil: Return of the King - Again, not sure why you picked this volume?, it's my favorite of the Brubaker run, but it's also a very transitiony volume, I'd say it's a pretty good place to start if you were going to continue forward from here, since it's the latest volume and sets up a new status quo, but it's a terrible place especially when you realize how awesome the stuff that Bendis wrote that came before it. I'd say pick up volume 4: Underboss, it's much better. If you're looking for just a one-off Daredevil story you should pick up Daredevil: Redemption, it's highly underrated and not steeped in a whole bunch of continuity.

No, just no:

Batman: the Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul - heard lots of terrible things, probably shouldn't keep it

Thanks to all! I already have winter soldier volume 1, and I have a bunch of x-mas gift cards left over. I am a big ra's fan, but I suppose tower of babel will have to do it for now

Thanks to all! I already have winter soldier volume 1, and I have a bunch of x-mas gift cards left over. I am a big ra's fan, but I suppose tower of babel will have to do it for now

Tower of Babel is awesome, as is Tales of the demon, which has all of the first appearances of Ra's by Denny O'Neil. You should be able to get it on Instocktrades.

Also, if you like Hush, get Batman: Heart of Hush by Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen, its an awesome follow up and tells Hush's origin.

Batman Under the Hood (Both volumes)

I love these, though some people don't, so try and read it in a book shop before you get it, to see what you think. Ignore anything else with Batman by Winick, it'll be crap.

Also, if you like Green Lantern, Sinestro Corps war volume 1 and 2, both are in trade paperback now.

Also, All Star Superman, volume 1 is in softcover, and two is going to be traded soon, so give this a look, if you like Superman, but like UTH, find in a book shop and make up your mind from there.

Hope these help.