The Amazing Spider-Man

JackFetch

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hilarious that this film shoot, which actually has a real guy running after a moving truck in the middle of New York, is apparently a hundred times safer than the Spider-Man musical, which takes place in an enclosed room with a dozen safety lines.

The less shit you have attached to you, the more able you are to actually dodge stuff.

As much as I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of this project, in order to disassociate the previous continuity, I don't think that's the finished suit that will show up in the film. Maybe it's the red eyes, but I reckon the final version will see the suit be slightly touched up by CGI.

The red eyes are from a street light that's shining on him.

I actually really like the upper half/front of the suit; it's the rest that's weird for me.

Then again, since it does sorta look like a wetsuit that he might've bought from a store, this might just be a suit that Peter initially uses before making a final Spider-Man costume. And in that case, it's pretty awesome.

Street light meaning traffic light. And look at the rest of the suit; it's got red light shining all over the upper section, even the blue parts (look at his bicep). The front of his head is somehow brighter and more vivid red than the back, despite his shadows showing that the brightest white light is coming from behind him.

Also, he's at an intersection.

Spidey's the only thing in that picture angled up so that he'll catch the horizontal light; the street isn't going to reflect it as easily.

His bicep isn't glowing red, nothing else is glowing red and, intersection or not, I don't buy the traffic light excuse.

This isn't me "hatin'" on the project, but trying to tell me that he's glowing red when that half of his costume is that colour is not going to win me over.

Sometimes I think you disagree with me just for fun.

spider-man-575.jpg

See the red shine on the front of his blue bicep? And the black lines around the eyes that are reflecting red light? He's staring straight into either a traffic signal or a car's tail lights. That's why the red material is even brighter red on the front than on the back. Traffic lights never make everything in their path glow red; just the things that are staring them straight in the face, like Spidey's upper body.

His eyes are not red.

We can come back to this when shots of his mask are released, if you like.

Yeah guys, people dress like that all the time, don't you know anything?

a_man_dressed_as_batman_runs_along_the_embankment_during_the_london_marathon_2391496.jpg

Wow, is that a test shot from the new Justice League film? Looks awesome.

The red light does look like a reflection but I do this Ian's right about the CG, the suit is going to be touched up a bit for the action scenes.