The Amazing Spider-Man

JackFetch

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although director Marc Webb is still shooting The Amazing Spider-Man, Sony has already signed screenwriter James Vanderbilt to start work on the sequel.

Heat Vision reports that Vanderbilt, who worked on Sam Raimi’s aborted Spider-Man 4 before being brought in to pen the franchise reboot (later revised by Alvin Sargent), met Wednesday with filmmakers and studio executives to outline his ideas for the follow-up and get their approval.

Although few concrete details have been revealed about the more character-driven Amazing Spider-Man, actor C. Thomas Howell confirmed last week that Rhys Ifans will, indeed play classic comic-book villain Dr. Curt Connors — aka the Lizard.

Vanderbilt, who penned the 2007 thriller Zodiac and co-wrote the 2010 adaptation of The Losers, is also working on the upcoming remake of Total Recall.

The Amazing Spider-Man, which wraps its Los Angeles shoot in mid-April, stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Martin Sheen, Sally Field, Irrfan Khan, Denis Leary, Chris Zylka, Campbell Scott, C. Thomas Howell, Julianne Nicholson and Annie Parisse. It will be released in 3D on July 3, 2012.

Source

I completely forgot Vanderbilt wrote Zodiac. I am psyched for this film now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, the pov webslinging shots feel a touch gimmicky (though they might be better on a big screen), and there is a bit more brooding dark feeling about the whole thing (seriously, with that hair, I thought he was Edward Cullen there for a bit), but all in all, it's looking pretty good.