The Amazing Spider-Man

JackFetch

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually pretty common for stars to dress up at Comic-Con because it's the only way they can walk around without getting hassled. Sigourney Weaver dressed as Darth Vader(or Stormtrooper can't remember which) one year and walked around for awhile. This was just for publicity though.

Maybe he was in mid-Lizard transformation at the time.

I forgot to mention earlier; when I saw the Amazing Spider-Man trailer in the theater, I completely reversed my "meh" opinion on the first-person shots. I saw it in one of the largest theaters in the area, so when that first shot dipped down towards the street, I got a bit of vertigo. The whole thing felt totally immersive and thrilling.

I don't know that I'd want anything like that in the movie itself, but for a trailer, it totally worked. It definitely got a great reaction from the crowd.

Yeah, the first person perspective wasn't something I liked at all until they really gave you that staggering depth. Brilliant idea to see through Spidey's eyes for that leap, and the first time anyone's really tried to convey that aspect of actually being Spidey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...