The Amazing Spider-Man

JackFetch

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still looking forward to this movie but the trailer is trying to invoke the Batman reboot and I'm cautious if the actual movie is going to actually try to be a darker Spider-Man. Regardless, I'm going to reserve judgement until I've seen the film. It probably won't be an opening night affair but will still see it.

As long as Spider-Man cracks jokes in the costume, I have zero problem with a darker Spider-Man movie. Even more than Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker's life is deeply rooted in tragedy. His parents were murdered, his uncle was shot to death because Peter failed to act, and his girlfriend died because he did act. It makes a lot of sense for Peter to be dark and mopey.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I ask why?

This was one of the trailers in front of Avengers, and honestly, it doesn't look all that bad. I don't know if it's something I'm going to go out of my way to see, with all the movies I want to see this summer, but it's definitely looking like it's at least worth a watch, just maybe not opening weekend.

I might be in the minority but this looks bad.

I'm with you, but I think based on nothing but the trailers that Spiderman and his girlfriend seem so much better than the ones in the Raimi movies. Then again I was never as into those movies as everyone else because I hated those two characters and if you hate the main character it is hard to like the movie

I'm with you, but I think based on nothing but the trailers that Spiderman and his girlfriend seem so much better than the ones in the Raimi movies. Then again I was never as into those movies as everyone else because I hated those two characters and if you hate the main character it is hard to like the movie

I've never talked to a single person who liked Kirsten Dunst MJ. Not one. And frankly, I think most people despised the third one, like or loved the second one and were indifferent to the first.

• 1 month later...

I've never talked to a single person who liked Kirsten Dunst MJ. Not one. And frankly, I think most people despised the third one, like or loved the second one and were indifferent to the first.

I liked MJ in the first two films. It was just the third film where she became properly unlikeable, and even though there were reasons where you could sympathise with her POV, Dunst didn't give a strong enough performance to justify any kind of sympathy. Maguire put his all into it and cried his eyes out, but Dunst was clearly bored of the role by the time the third film came out.