The Amazing Spider-Man

JackFetch

Which mob do you think drowns cats? are the Aristocats suddenly getting rid of irritants with concrete kitten mittens?

Seriously, an ex-colleague of mine who was a former army captain once drowned a sack of guinea pigs in a well. Mind you he also once killed a deer with his volvo and took it home to eat (which is technically illegal). People are capable of strange things.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
With every other major tentpole breaking news this morning, why not one more right? It looks like casting news is once again heating up around Marc Webb‘s “Spider-Man” as filmmakers are now on the hunt for J. Jonah Jameson. So what does that mean? Every man with gray or white hair in Hollywood are going to banging on Sony’s doors to get an audition.

What’s Playing report that “Mad Men” star and Tony Stark’s Dad John Slattery and grizzled bassoon voiced Sam Elliott are a couple of the names that have cropped up among “the dozen or so actors” currently being considered the part. The report goes on to say that interest in Elliott may only be just that—interest—however, we would imagine that’s probably the case for most of the names on that list, but that phone calls and schedule inquiries are already being made. But really, expect anyone with distinguished greying domes in Hollywood to become sudden contenders, and yeah, we imagine more names will start leaking out shortly as publicists/agents start vying for their respective talent to land the gig.

As even the most neophyte “Spider-Man” fan knows, this role is a particularly big one in the film. Jameson is the gruff editor-in-chief of the Daily Bugle who employs photographer Peter Parker and finds out he’s pretty much the only guy who’s able to get pictures of Spidey in action. J.K. Simmons aced the part in Sam Raimi‘s films, but the freshly rebooted franchise is obviously looking for a new actor to fill those shoes. Whoever is cast will be joining Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Rhys Ifans in the film which shoot in 3D beginning this winter.

Source

It looks like things are moving fast now! Just after we posted the news that Martin Sheen is in final talks to play Uncle Ben in Columbia Pictures' untitled Spider-Man movie, we've learned that Sally Field has been offered the role of Aunt May in the film as well.

In the original Spidey trilogy, Uncle Ben was played by Cliff Robertson and Aunt May was played by Rosemary Harris.

Should Field accept the role, she would be joining Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Rhys Ifans in the Marc Webb-directed film that starts shooting in just over a month.

Columbia Pictures is targeting a July 3, 2012 release.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=71412#ixzz14MqDWnpg

I could give a rat's ass. Rosemary Harris is a Shakespearean actor, and has more talent in a single strand of her hair, than Field has in her whole body.

Being a Shakespearean actor automatically makes you great? I thought it just made you good at accents.

No, it doesn't, but she's fucking awesome. Player Queen in Hamlet, Desdemona in Othello, Yelena in Uncle Vanya, Viola in Twelfth Night, Elanor of Equitaine in Lion of Winter, she's done Pinter and Shaw and Chekhov and Albee, the woman has done it all. And rocked it all.

...Sorry, my theatre geek is showing.

No, it doesn't, but she's fucking awesome. Player Queen in Hamlet, Desdemona in Othello, Yelena in Uncle Vanya, Viola in Twelfth Night, Elanor of Equitaine in Lion of Winter, she's done Pinter and Shaw and Chekhov and Albee, the woman has done it all. And rocked it all.

...Sorry, my theatre geek is showing.

I want to make that dirty but I agree with the paragraph before it so much that I can't. Curse you for making sense Preston. Damn, now my theatre geek is showing also.