Episode 02

RSS

Dead or alive, you're listening to us. You want tangents? We've got tangents! This episode of Married to Movies sees Desmond and Megan discussing Robocop. But more importantly, the following questions are asked: Why does Megan need to see Showgirls? How old is Screech from Saved by the Bell? Is psychopathic Red Forman cute? And does the film need a love interest? No. The answer is no. Also discussed: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, exploding mutants, being shot in the balls, and Megan doesn't know anything about the 1980s except for Leeza Gibbons. Listen. You know you want to. [ 42:26 || 19.7 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/marriedtomovies/episodes/marriedtomovies_002.mp3

Guest DCAUFan1051

I called the voicemail line... hopefully I punched in the right number... because it says if you want to leave a fax.... Des is there anyway to change that?

EDIT: Wrote a review in iTunes

It only took two episodes for the first instance of singing by both hosts.

That's got to be an E-2 record.

EDIT: Holy shit, that closing song rules.

You'll be hearing a lot of Hellsongs on MTM. They've given me carte blanche to play their stuff and have thus become the official band of MTM. Go here for more.

Meg and I both love to burst into song and you'll find that happening often I imagine.

Also, thanks Dan. Meg and I nailed this one I believe.

The voicemail outgoing message will be recorded soon. If you think I'm busy, try organizing time for me and my equally busy wife to do this stuff and it's a Gordian knot of craziness.

Great show guys, thanks for turning me onto Hellsongs. Really looking forward to 500 days of summer as well, even though I'm not sure of its chick-flick status given that its playing on male anxieties about relationships in the film itself. Fits the broader definitions though, so no complaints.

I loves me some Zooey Deschanel, as Team Dread are well aware. Looking forward to this one.

On Robocop - I also thought a love interest would have made this movie ten times better. It should have ended with a wedding scene. Robocop could wear a big tuxedo made of metal. with a propellor bow tie that spun around when he kissed the bride.

Also, Robocop should have a horny, jive-talkin' puppet sidekick. Awsome.

Great show guys, thanks for turning me onto Hellsongs. Really looking forward to 500 days of summer as well, even though I'm not sure of its chick-flick status given that its playing on male anxieties about relationships in the film itself. Fits the broader definitions though, so no complaints.

OH! The pressure!!!

ALSO: D-Man... we're NOT Team Dread, rather Team M2M or Team R ;) You and D are the D2 Team Dread!

And yes, we talked about you before and after watching this flick!! xo!

OH! The pressure!!!

ALSO: D-Man... we're NOT Team Dread, rather Team M2M or Team R ;) You and D are the D2 Team Dread!

And yes, we talked about you before and after watching this flick!! xo!

Mrs Des, You are, of course, correct. My wrist stings from your slap and my crush just took an intriguing turn.