Young Justice

Koete

Knowing how toy companies select characters from currently-running shows, I'd say that's a definite confirmation that he'll be there. There's no reason to spend thousands of dollars creating that figure when they could have made a Superman or Red Tornado figure.

You reminded me, I forgot to post a picture of said character:

IMG_2565__scaled_800.jpg

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting fact, both Young Justice and Spectacular Spider-Man had Greg Weisman as their main writer.

I miss Spectacular Spider-Man. Also, according to ToyFair pics of figures coming out from Young Justice, a villain who could be showing up is:

Ra's Al Ghul

I actually thought he'd be in the last episode, since he's the leader of the League of Shadows. Guess not in this continuity, though.

The Brain is definitely there. It's a pretty easy shape to pick out. Luthor's gotta be there. One of the Rogues, maybe? Grodd, I'd say would fit best, but the character doesn't traditionally trust humans. Another Batman villain in all probability, but I can't choose which one. Calculator if they're going modern. Merlin maybe, for the GA connection?

If you're going with a Rogue, I'd say Captain Cold or Professor Zoom, even though he is not one of the Rogues. I could also see T.O.Morrow as one of the heads.

Personally, I think Artemis is not the agent on the inside. I would actually place my bets on Miss Martian (if she's actually a white Martian, plus who would suspect her?), Superboy (if, like in the comics, he share's Lex's DNA), or Red Tornado. I think Aqualad, Robin, and Kid Flash are above suspicion at this point.

If you're going with a Rogue, I'd say Captain Cold or Professor Zoom, even though he is not one of the Rogues. I could also see T.O.Morrow as one of the heads.

Personally, I think Artemis is not the agent on the inside. I would actually place my bets on Miss Martian (if she's actually a white Martian, plus who would suspect her?), Superboy (if, like in the comics, he share's Lex's DNA), or Red Tornado. I think Aqualad, Robin, and Kid Flash are above suspicion at this point.

I really hope they don't go the Artemis route. It's too bloody obvious, she's introduced in the same episode that they talk about an inside informant.

I agree with both you guys. (Suave and Will)

Artemis would only work if she pulled a Hawkgirl and switched sides. Otherwise it's too obvious.

Superboy was cloned by the bad guys, so it'd make sense for him to have some secret programming somewhere.

Miss Martian might be it, but I don't think we know enough yet.

Red Tornado is a robot. Of all people, he'd be the easiest to turn to the dark side, via reprogramming. But that wouldn't have any emotional impact, so whatever.

Aqualad, Robin, and Kid Flash are safe, I think.

Artemis would only work if she pulled a Hawkgirl and switched sides. Otherwise it's too obvious.

Superboy was cloned by the bad guys, so it'd make sense for him to have some secret programming somewhere.

Red Tornado is a robot. Of all people, he'd be the easiest to turn to the dark side, via reprogramming. But that wouldn't have any emotional impact, so whatever.

Knowing Greg Weisman's gift for executing swerves and keeping mysteries going (demonstrated in both Gargoyles and The Spectacular Spiderman), the traitor is almost certainly not Artemis.

Knowing Greg Weisman's gift for executing swerves and keeping mysteries going (demonstrated in both Gargoyles and The Spectacular Spiderman), the traitor is almost certainly not Artemis.

You've got a point, the Green Goblin mystery kept me guessing for far longer than I'm proud of.

Good episode. I've always had a soft spot for Doctor Fate and this may have been one of the best depictions of him in an animated show. I also really liked the part with Kid Flash who is quickly becoming a favorite. Really, overall, there were some other great moments. Superboy is becoming a much more likable character and I loved that Doctor Fate got refereed to as the world's Sorcerer Supreme.

I agree; great episode. My enjoyment of it was enhanced by the fact that I've been watching Gargoyles for the first time recently and the episode's guest stars (Ed Asner, Thom Adcox, and Jeff Bennett) were all on that show. I loved the opening scene with Kent Nelson going to the fortuneteller. Also liked the characterization of Artemis in this one and the fact that the show is brave enough to have their characters actually pass on rather than be resurrected by the end of the episode.

O, and to Suavestar: Almost as annoying as "Hello, Megan!" is Robin breaking down words (e.g. "whelmed"). Glad he wasn't in this episode.

I'll agree that it's nice that they're not going to shoehorn all of the members of the team into every episode. One of my favorite parts of Justice League was that you didn't need Superman in every episode, sometime it would just be GL and Flash.

Also, I forgot to say it above, Klarion (BUM BUM BUM) The Witch Boy. YES!

• 2 weeks later...

"Downtime"

Another awesome episode. Atlantis has never looked better and it was nice learning why Calder and not Garth was Aqualad. It was a treat to see the Aquaman and Flash families. My only real complaint is the scene with Miss Martian and Superboy, since the former is still annoying and the latter is still a dick. I suspect that Orm will come back as an antagonist to both Aquaman and Aqualad. Also didn't realize that Artemis was half-Asian.