Young Justice

Koete

I don't like the opening music for this show. This stuff might seem daft to worry about, but great music and titles can set the mood for a show and really psyche me up for it. This is weaker than my previous least favourite, the original Justice League theme. The second they went to JLU my excitement per episode skyrocketed.

This Young Justice theme is neither fun or iconic.

Good episodes though, the show has potential. Aqualad getting the leadership role is cool, it suits him and ups his significance in the team. I liked how he got there too.

Freakin' Sportsmaster though? Way to not pay off a mystery.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on the theme. It's fine, but way too subtle. It's like they didn't actually want to have a real title sequence, and just threw something up there.

I really liked this episode. The idea of a "covert ops" episode was handled really well. The fact that Kid Flash isn't INSANELY fast and actually uses martial arts is really cool. I like Aqualad being the leader, and the fact that it's flat-out said that Robin will eventually lead the team in the future.

Also, the next three episodes have been announced:

Friday, Feb. 4: "Schooled" - Superboy's anger over his non-relationship with Superman is getting out of control. He refuses to train with Black Canary, and when The Team faces an opponent that even the Justice League had trouble defeating, the Boy of Steel goes rogue.

Friday, Feb. 11: "Infiltrator" - Artemis faces an uphill battle winning over her new teammates, as she tries to fill Red Arrow's boots on a mission he initiated: saving a brilliant young scientist from the League of Shadows.

Friday, Feb. 18: "Denial" - When The Team investigates the disappearance of Kent Nelson (formerly Doctor Fate), the scientific-minded Wally West is forced to confront his disbelief in magic while battling Abra Kadabra and Klarion the Witch Boy, for the ultra-powerful Helmet of Fate.

Doctor Fate and Klarion the Witch Boy? Oh hell yes.

I agree with Stavros re: the theme. Utterly forgettable. My least favorite opening theme for an animated DC property, though, remains both of the themes used in The Batman. I'm not crazy about the opening music for Brave and the Bold, but that at least has the virtue of setting the tone for the show.

Wonder who the opponent in "Schooled" will be.

Guest TFG1Mike

I think the point of the intro and theme are just what knightwing said. Flashy images and a music cue... but at the same time it's a bridge between opening scene and then the rest of the show. I do like the theme.

As far as superboy's dickishness he's a routh brooding type. At least he'll get more character development. I love the stealth gear that was cool.

I like how each episode's story is it's own thing, but at the end "the light" ties them together. They keep showing us these mystery people... I'm hoping that they don't build and build that aspect then not pay it off.

I don't like the opening music for this show. This stuff might seem daft to worry about, but great music and titles can set the mood for a show and really psyche me up for it. This is weaker than my previous least favourite, the original Justice League theme. The second they went to JLU my excitement per episode skyrocketed.

This Young Justice theme is neither fun or iconic.

I agree about the music. It's quite generic. It made me think the show will do the 52 episodes, and then be cancelled and replaced. It just lacked any rhythm. I can't even remember it.

o, and HUGE continuity flub with the episode "Drop Zone": The date it's set at is June 22nd, but the pilot was set on July 4th. And I very much doubt that almost a year would have gone by between the two episodes.

No, that first scene takes place before the pilot. Then the rest of the episode (the part that actually involves the teens) comes later.

o, and HUGE continuity flub with the episode "Drop Zone": The date it's set at is June 22nd, but the pilot was set on July 4th. And I very much doubt that almost a year would have gone by between the two episodes.

No, that first scene takes place before the pilot. Then the rest of the episode (the part that actually involves the teens) comes later.

No. The opening with Bane takes place on June 19th, while the first scene with the team in Miss Martian's transport is on June 22nd. It's still a flub.

Episode 4 was alright. I didn't really like Bane in this all that much, and found it a bit weird that his mask didn't cover his ears. Also,the opening fight made think the Stree Fighter II Anime movie, which was nice.

I expected Sportsmaster to just been a loser, but he actually looked not bad, and a bit of a psycho.

I really hope that "Hello Megan!" doesn't become Miss Martian's catchphrase, it's already annoying me.

I'm starting to think the opening is shit, cause they don't want to give stuff away in the title sequence, and if the show runs for a second series, they'll have a longer title sequence.

Well, I've just started watching the new episode "Schooled" and just loved its opening, the homages to Superman: The Movie and Batman(60's TV Series)was amazing. I am really enjoying how they are not depending too much on the Justice League appearances to help carry the series. The scenes they are involved in are great, but we don't see it in every episode. Superboy once again is going to be a subject of focus in this episode, which is fine to me, I feel like the first season is mostly about Miss Martian and Superboy anyway, since they are the outsiders. However, it does seem like Superboy has an on and off switch when it comes to being angry and being a bit more civil, in the last episode he seemed calmer, in this one he is more filled with rage than before.

I liked how Amazo was presented, different from the JLU version, the only thing I didn't care for was him naming the heroes he was accessing, just a little gripe, nothing that kills any perception of the character.

The team's teamwork is beginning to get better, with Superboy basically being the weak link at this moment, however it does seem like an opening arc has started with Clark not willing to acknowledge Superboy as a person or as apart of him. Its funny to see Bruce be a bit more compassionate than Clark, its always usually the other way around. It helps to make Clark more human.

Overall, I think the episode worked out pretty well, its becoming more and more of a favorite, its really the only Cartoon Network program I watch, so its nice that its worth the time. 3 out of 5

I liked this Amazo quite a bit, the fact that he couldn't access more than one power at a time was a nice touch that enabled the team to deal with him.

Good episode, hopefully we're building towards the point where Superman is no longer a dick. When Bruce is paying more attention to people's feelings you know something is screwed up.

Nice hint towards Artemis in this episode as well.

Guest TFG1Mike

Yeah it was a nice hint towards her, and they all thought it was Speedy.

Maybe someone can School me on Dr. Ivo, because all know of him is when he's mentioned in Justice League Tabula Rasa. I kinda didn't like this version of him. I dunno it just didn't fit to me. It was nice that Uncle J'onn came down to see Miss. Martian.

Good episode, hopefully we're building towards the point where Superman is no longer a dick. When Bruce is paying more attention to people's feelings you know something is screwed up.

I don't think being perturbed that you've suddenly got a clone makes you a dick; it's reasonably understandable. I do agree that it'll be good to see that stop, though.

And yeah, when Bruce picked up the phone, I literally said "Is BRUCE being the compassionate one?!?"