Young Justice

Koete

Batman was barely even referenced in Teen Titans. He shows up every other episode in YJ.

The JL is still a major part of the show. They're actual secondary characters. A JL-centric episode would be no more out-of-place than a JLU episode focusing on Vigilante and Shining Knight.

It's not the same, though. A JLU episode focusing on minor heroes like Shining Knight and Vigilante works because the episode serves to put a spotlight on two lesser-known characters. Having JL-centric Young Justice episode, though, would be like having the seven founding members of the league needing to step in to save the lives of a few minor leaguers.

The way I figured it would be that maybe the younger team gets kidnapped, and the League has to save them. Through that, we learn what the younger heroes really mean to their mentors. It'd be a great character development story.

I'm sorry but that's a terrible idea because it would totally undermine the younger team's effectiveness; it would be like the scenario I described above or Batman saving Robin's ass from a villain or gang instead of Robin's badassery or willpower prevailing.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, no, I still don't see the problem. It's not like having one JL episode is going to ROB THE YOUNGER HEROES of their PRECIOUS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

It'd just be fun. Besides, we always see hints that the JL is dealing with bigger threats that the not-Titans aren't allowed to see. It'd be great to finally get a whole episode from that perspective. Who knows? The stuff we find out might completely turn things around for the story.

Yeah, no, I still don't see the problem. It's not like having one JL episode is going to ROB THE YOUNGER HEROES of their PRECIOUS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

It'd just be fun. Besides, we always see hints that the JL is dealing with bigger threats that the not-Titans aren't allowed to see. It'd be great to finally get a whole episode from that perspective. Who knows? The stuff we find out might completely turn things around for the story.

You could have the JL heroes show up, and be defeated by the villain in a two part episode, the first being that the JL tell YJ to stay behind and let the big people take care of it. You have the JL defeated, and YJ having to be the ones who save the day, and the world.

That way, you not only get your JL appearance, and see how they act in this continuity, but you also show how YJ are heroes in their own right.

It's an old film/TV idea to make your team look good, and many shows have done it in the past, and it usually works. Like when PR: SPD had team A taken out in the first episode, and the B-Squad had to be the heroes for the series, until Team A came back, at which point it was revealed that Team A had become villains and the B squad had to take them down, showing they were better.

We're gonna need a third person to weigh in on this debate...

It's an old film/TV idea to make your team look good, and many shows have done it in the past, and it usually works. Like when PR: SPD had team A taken out in the first episode, and the B-Squad had to be the heroes for the series, until Team A came back, at which point it was revealed that Team A had become villains and the B squad had to take them down, showing they were better.

Oh. Power Rangers references. Clearly, you know my language.

It doesn't really matter to me who's saving who or what's happening. I'd just like an episode where the perspective entirely shifts to different characters, like JLU did with "The Greatest Story Never Told" and "Alive."

Third opinion: NEEEEEEEEEERDS. :P

Seriously, though, I think a quieter episode of the kids interacting with their mentors on an off day (the comic's really emphasizing their relationships with their mentors, or in Superboy's case, their desperate need for approval/attention of their mentor), or what Suave suggested, would be a good way to feature the JL while still keeping the YJ in focus.

Seriously, though, I think a quieter episode of the kids interacting with their mentors on an off day (the comic's really emphasizing their relationships with their mentors, or in Superboy's case, their desperate need for approval/attention of their mentor), or what Suave suggested, would be a good way to feature the JL while still keeping the YJ in focus.

I like this idea. I would love an episode where Clark tests Superboy until he eventually decides to take him to Smallville and let him in. Along the same lines, the same episode could include little interludes of Robin training with Batman or working a case, Aquaman and Aqualad in Atlantis, Kid Flash and Uncle Barry racing or something, and Megan and Artemis out with Black Canary (I know J'onn and Green Arrow would make more sense BUT I would almost want to see them with a female Justice Leaguer.)

Third opinion: NEEEEEEEEEERDS. :P

I like this idea too. There's an episode coming up called "Downtime"; maybe what you said above will be the focus of it.

So the Amazo episode, had it's moments. But I still think this show is still trying to find it's place. I think when the full team comes together, and Superboy stops acting like a prick, it'll be a lot better.

I liked Amazo in this, the way he access all the heroes powers, was fun.

All in all, an alright episode.

I still don't like the theme, and opening, it's just so generic.

Damn was this episode good.

Had great action and character interactions. I particularly like the telepathic argument the team and the doctor had. I also like how the League of Shadows apparently has its own young Justice League in the form of Cheshire, Hook, and Black Spider.

Also, a fairly random observation: The Sensei looks like a mix between Iroh, Admiral Zhao, and Zuko of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Also DC has a much better track record in regard to animated shows than Marvel so there is more interest right off the bat

That's true, though I think The Spectacular Spider-Man rivals Justice League Unlimited and Batman: The Animated Series in terms of sheer quality. The rest of the shows, though, fall far behind.

Also DC has a much better track record in regard to animated shows than Marvel so there is more interest right off the bat

That's true, though I think The Spectacular Spider-Man rivals Justice League Unlimited and Batman: The Animated Series in terms of sheer quality. The rest of the shows, though, fall far behind.

That's about right. Spectacular Spidey is great. Not quite BTAS-level, but definitely great stuff. I actually kind of wish that Young Justice would have a little more SSM-style humor and fun; that's the one thing it doesn't really have.

Interesting fact, both Young Justice and Spectacular Spider-Man had Greg Weisman as their main writer.