Episode 72

RSS

I'm unsure if fire is Jonn's big weakness in JL is fire. I'm pretty sure his big weakness is Deanna Troyism, as with every show that features someone halfway psychic. It manifests through making a power or ability that is far too powerful useless through psychic attacks or comas or even just making the enemy unreadable. Jean Grey and Xavier also have this crippling condition, which has been linked to convenientfortheplotosis.

The show never explicitly states that J'onn is weak against fire. There's at least one instance where he's caught in a large fire, but at no point do they establish that it affects his powers. I always just assumed that they removed his major weakness from the comics to compensate for toning down his power level from the comic version. But you're right, he is very conveniently vulnerable to psychic attack as well.

There's times that a large attack with fire injures/stuns him, but there's many instances (like pulling off the lit afterburner) where it doesn't bother him at all. I assumed that they were saying that he could be taken down physically, but is not particularly vulnerable to fire as opposed to other attacks - but still put in a few more fire attacks against him as a homage to the source material.

Chris

I'm unsure if fire is Jonn's big weakness in JL is fire. I'm pretty sure his big weakness is Deanna Troyism,

Not to be confused with Donna Troyism, in which you can't form any relationships or remember what your past is supposed to be this week, because you're retconned more often than some people fill up their gas tanks.

I'm unsure if fire is Jonn's big weakness in JL is fire. I'm pretty sure his big weakness is Deanna Troyism,

Not to be confused with Donna Troyism, in which you can't form any relationships or remember what your past is supposed to be this week, because you're retconned more often than some people fill up their gas tanks.

Or Caster Troyism, where you change faces with your most hated enemy and wind up losing your mind and doubting who you are.

On another note, Green Lantern literally says that the Batman from their timeline had known them for "years". I just hav etrouble with him saying that, it totally screws up the JL timeline.

Batman says that the JL need to prove they could be on the resistance yadah yadah. then GL says:

"Are you kidding me? You've known us for years."

You have to keep in mind that Batman very likely would have known about John Stewart's existence well before they formed the Justice League. Just go back to "Secret Origins". When GL first appears on the scene in Episode 2, he just flies right up to Superman and says, "Sorry I'm late..." That shows a clear familiarity.