Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

He's sure trying to sour me on Nymphomaniac. It's going from my most anticipatd film of the year, to a movie that makes me want to fast forward through the LeBeouf.

In other news, the episode of Metalocalypse where they go to LA to see Pickles' old band is one of the greatest episodes of any TV show in the history of TV.

I'd like to take this opportunity to mention that, in the movie Charlie Countryman, he gets the shit kicked out of him by Mads Mikkelsen.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, series finale of Sherlock!

I am very happy that so many parts of the previous two episode paid off in some way and loved the twists and turns the episode had.

Oddly I found the resolution a bit anti-climactic, despite the threat of their arrest. The bad guy was a TOTAL douche-canoe (played brilliantly) but a bullet to the head seemed very easy, with any repercussions for doing so seeming minimal seeing as how this execution would save the Government and Mycroft a lot of problems!

Oh and the ending...

Moriarty is either Tyler Durden or a slow-to-react Hulk. How else could he survive swallowing 100mph lead?

According to some scant research, the guy playing Magnussen is the older brother of Mads "Le Chiffre/Hannibal" Mikkelsen.

I loved the episode. Found the major curveball to be....quite the curveball, and I know the end teaser will get a reaction. I do hope Lestrade gets used a bit more next season...

I loved the episode. Found the major curveball to be....quite the curveball, and I know the end teaser will get a reaction. I do hope Lestrade gets used a bit more next season...

Agreed...

And why the hell was Adler in the middle episode for a few seconds and then not used? In the scene where Sherlock inspects Magnussen's spectacles I really hoped it was her talking information to her through an earpiece

And why the hell was Adler in the middle episode for a few seconds and then not used? In the scene where Sherlock inspects Magnussen's spectacles I really hoped it was her talking information to her through an earpiece

Eh, I doubt the actress minds the paycheck. Plus it keeps her in the audience's conscious in case she's brought back.

Watching Wander Over Yonder." I feel I should be upset that there is a gigantic dog who can run through the ether of space and chews up planets that resemble tennis balls. But I am not. I keep wondering if that is what Douglas Adams had in mind when he mentions the "Arcturian Megapuppy."