JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As in Hitchcock's The Birds?!?

As in Michael Bay remaking/producing a film by Alfred Hitchcock?

The same Michael Bay whom the Tirades slammed for not having any pride in his work, as one would see in the films of ALFRED FUCKING HITCHCOCK?!?!?

:baby:

I don't give myself over to hyperbole often, but this epitomises everything that is wrong with the American film industry at present.

To be fair, The Birds is a middling effort by Hitchcock and I'd rather see it than any other of his films get remade.

But is that not the equivalent of saying "if you must amputate one of my toes, I'm glad it's the little toe of my left foot you're going for"? I'd still rather have all of my toes.

It has some charismatic leads. It will either excel or it will crash and burn. I can't see there being an in between on this. The thing is, certain things about the story lend themselves better to being in a Great Depression world rather than post-9/11. Adding in that Jay-Z is doing songs in there as well and I can see nothing other than outcries from some.

• 2 weeks later...