Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

There's no arguing that Goyer is responsible for a lot of what's happened in the past few years re: comic movies. Blade's success aved the way for everything that follwed at Marvel (not to mention his work with Nolan).

However, he behaved like a dick. And DC has to be wondering what the hell else can go wrong right now.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't Joe Quesada say that no-one wanted to see a female led movie, or am I mixing that up with Kevin Feige saying that Black Widow isn't good enough to carry her own movie?

I think there's an inherent gender-blindness in Hollywood full stop/period, due to the massive catering towards out-of-date demographics. Still, I'm not one to denigrate someone's entire body of work just because they're being a douche, otherwise I wouldn't get any enjoyment out of at least 60% of all media out there.

Not sure how much of that is being ironic, and how much is just a shitty low budget movie.

from the filmmaker on Youtube:

The outdoors scenes required draping the entire basement in green fabric, then compositing streets and houses behind the actors. Sadly, it was only $2 worth of green fabric, so we had to rotoscope quite a bit.

So here's a pariah-in-the-waiting statement: Groundhog Day does little for me.

To clarify, I didn't watch the film all the way through until at least Summer 2008 - my good pal Richard tried to force me to watch said film when I admitted said fact when visiting him in April that year, only for me to pass out drunk during the experience. I do like Murray in the film, but I don't like MacDowell as much and certainly don't think the supporting cast add much to the proceedings. Once the concept is established, I think the focus of the film is scattershot to say the least - I certainly don't find Rita to be as awe-inspiring as she's made out to be - and Murray suffers from not having strong characters to play off of. I threw in Ghostbusters immediately afterwards and saw Murray perfectly at ease whilst spitballing off of Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Sigourney Weaver.

So yeah, Groundhog Day, whilst perfectly fine, doesn't strike me as a classic.