Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one-shot kill would be if Dan Castlenetta ever walked. Both he and Hank Azaria voiced IMO most of the funnier characters. But we're losing Burns, Flanders, Skinner, Hibbert and Lovejoy, among many others. It's a big hit.

If anyone was going to go, it's not surprising that it's Shearer. He's been the most vocal about problems he's had with the show and its quality for the past decade, and even before then. He openly disdains some episodes like the baseball one from season four, and of course the Armin Tamzarian one from season 9.

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh.

I would have liked to see it happen, but it was looking to be more of TRON: Legacy, which wasn't really the right direction, I don't think, especially because Kosinski was being kept as director. TRON needs a director who can better harness fun and emotion. Hell, I actually think I'd rather have someone like the Wachowskis direct TRON than Kosinski again.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/sister-act-remake-disney-1201511444/

I am alarmed, saddened and confused by this news

Fret ye not, little brother. It's only the original Sister Act they're remaking (which is still ludicrous, but then that's 21st century Hollywood). The SECOND they try to touch Back in the Habit is when we rise up with fists.

It was my feeling that there was a time when cop shows were not considered a franchise. They were of interest to those who liked police procedurals. They were niche programming. Two shows changed that. The first, oddly enough, was “Dragnet,” which for the first time showed characters having picnics and cops were getting married, went on dates. It had never been done before. The show that finished that transition and made the cop genre a franchise was “Hill Street Blues,” which showed characters having affairs, having drug problems. Suddenly that transformed a niche programming genre into a full-fledged franchise. Science fiction has had its “Dragnet” in “Star Trek,” “Babylon 5,” “Galactica.” It hasn’t had its “Hill Street Blues” moment yet. And we’re hoping that this [sense8] will be that… by stressing the human part of it.

Source

JMS, you get cred for life for Babylon 5, but that is staggeringly dumb.

And Prometheus 2 years before that. Speaking of which, it looks as visually great as Prometheus, but "I gotta science the shit out of this" makes me worried the writing will be as bad as Prometheus.

The book is full of stuff like that.