Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 1982 Swamp Thing movie is basically a Season 17 Doctor Who story.

You just enticed me to finally watch the movie in full.

Make an exception in this case. Save your soul.

Hyperbole much? The film's antagonist is literally a Bond villain, Ray Wise is in it and DCAU Catwoman's Barbeaus are on display. A viewer's soul is going to be fine, let alone Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious what folks think of this:

Stop using rape as a trope in horror films.

Caveats: Yes, it's a college paper. Yes, it's not terribly well argued. Yes, there are a lot of terrible things in horror movies.

I posted it here rather than somewhere in horror because rape is used as a plot device across multiple genres.

Dr Horrible is something Joss Whedon created from scratch and released via the web. Short of paying NPH, Nathan Fillion, Felicia Day et al, he probably receives the lions share of the profits. No matter how much Avengers made, there will be so many recipients of the profits of that one that I can readily believe it.

Dr Horrible is something Joss Whedon created from scratch and released via the web. Short of paying NPH, Nathan Fillion, Felicia Day et al, he probably receives the lions share of the profits. No matter how much Avengers made, there will be so many recipients of the profits of that one that I can readily believe it.

Everyone worked for free and shared the profits. It has made somewhere between 3 and 4 million. So after paying everyone their share I don't see how he made more than he got from Avengers.