Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only on season 1, but I think it's batshit insane. I love it. Viola Davis is incredible.

Is your problem Connor? He's kind of my problem. Though, Megan enjoys it.

I find it a little weird that the only openly gay character is a rampant sex maniac who also happens to fuck his way through every accomplishment, but Megan finds it refreshing that it's not a female character doing it.

Edited by Dread
i'm an idiot

Actually not my problem. I'm used to the gay character who sleeps with everything from a couple of other shows I've watched. The fact that his actions end up having consequences helps as well.

If anything, my problem is that the first season is a little uneven at time with balancing the case of the week format and the ongoing plot. It balances out to be good more often than not though.

Ha! Got it. Just saw that my post was done with "quotes" instead of spoiler tags, then realized it wasn't actually a spoiler. Hoo boy. I need a nap.

I just watched the episode about the death row appeal and I think it and the one before (the kid who shot his dad) are the only times the "case of the week" format has felt a little forced.

• 2 weeks later...

I read the Forbes article earlier and it kinda reinforced my entire belief that Forbes should stick to writing about stocks and rich people problems. We're living in a world where many of the biggest grossers of any given year have been female centered. If anything, if Universal had sunk more than 5 million into the film, if they had tried to cast actors instead of kids they found off of YouTube, if they had known how to market a film correctly (I have friends who didn't even realize this movie was a thing until they had went to the movie theater to see something else this weekend), maybe it might have done better. Not that we'll ever know since they kinda killed any chance of Jem getting another movie or anything.

What really pisses me off? They got fucking Ke$ha to play Pizzazz and only used her for a fucking after credit scene! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! You get the leader of the Misfits, played by one of the most decisive pop artists of the last decade, in there only as a sequel tease! That should have been the entire fucking movie. If it had had The Misfits, I would have seen it in seconds. Instead, it's a movie that even I don't intend to keep my promise of seeing it 3 times. I'll save it for the inevitable Hey Gurlfriend/Tranquil Tirades crossover in 5 years or so. Just god fucking dammit.

Edited by dc20willsave

• 2 weeks later...

Jem and the Holograms has been pulled from theaters because it's doing so bad. Luckily the budget was only 5 million.

Source

This is unprecedented, and shows just how badly this film flopped. Not only is it the lowest-grossing debut for a studio film this year, but it's the worst all-time — by a considerable margin — for any film released in 2,000-plus theaters.

On a good note: 

zN3DrjU.jpg