Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey kids! Your favorite characters are basically mutagenic freaks and the main villain of the show bought about its destruction by nuclear war, and the other bumbling villain probably helped! And one of the remembers every moment, cause she was alive back then, but the person she was closest to (and is still alive) doesn't! ISN'T THAT AWESOME??

Syfy has just announced that it will premiere the time traveling police drama Continuum -- Canada's highest-rated scripted basic cable series -- starting Monday, January 14, at 8pm ET/PT.

The series stars Rachel Nichols (G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra, Alias) as Kiera Cameron, a cop from the future who is suddenly trapped in the present day. When a group of fanatical terrorists escapes their planned execution in 2077 by traveling back in time to 2012, they inadvertently sweep along Kiera, a dedicated City Protective Services officer. Continuum also stars Erik Knudsen (Jericho, Scream 4) and Victor Webster (Castle, Melrose Place).

In addition to landing the two seasons for broadcast, Syfy has also acquired the U.S. rights to distribute DVDs alongside Universal Studios Home Entertainment.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/12/syfy-will-premiere-continuum-this-january?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Anyone else notice Syfy is slowly turning into SciFi?

The episode I watched (the pilot) told the tale of a woman in her mid-twenties who was furious at the prospect that her parents felt like she should get a job and support herself, when clearly as an author (who had never, apparently, actually published anything) she should be exempt from that sort of thing. She is entitled to having mommy and daddy pay for her New York apartment, and the idea that she should get, I don't know, a job, is completely unreasonable.

Then afterwards, there was an interview with the writer (Lena Dunham) who explained that this is what everyone in their twenties is like now. And I know far too many people in their twenties to buy into that. The VAST majority of people are able to wrap their heads around the idea that being on your own means being a grown-up and taking responsibility for yourself.

People understand that Lena is being critical of the way the characters in Girls act right? She's willingly skewing her self and people in her social circles for humour. We are supposed to find Hannah an entitled brat while also being still somewhat enduring and relatable.

Because that seemed super obvious to me after the pilot, but even though I've never felt compelled to watch any more of it, it kind of feels like a lot of the criticism glances over that.

I've watched every episode, and felt like it never went anywhere. It's just these girls being dumb and bitchy trying to corrupt their one wholesome friend. They talk in that really fast nobody really talks like that kind of way like an early Kevin Smith movie.

We are supposed to find Hannah an entitled brat while also being still somewhat enduring and relatable.

She is in no way endearing or relatable. That's the problem.