Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I told a kid that Blazing Saddles is the greatest comedy ever made. I wanted to punch him when he said "no, Talladega Nights is the best ever".

Wow, I mean just, wow. It might make you laugh, but seriously I wouldn't even classify half the "comedy" movies that come out these days as comedy. That said I think Ghostbusters, Three Amigos and MP Holy Grail are some of the funniest movies made, so maybe I shouldn't talk.

Watched Red Belt with Darryll the other night and while I liked it, it still has me feeling a little odd.

The acting on behalf of almost everybody is fantastic (especially Tim Allen in a completely non-comic role) but the lines they're delivering for the most part are horrible. The lead Chewetal Ejiofor is the only one who can deliver Mamet's corny crap dialogue. Mamet, however, directed it wonderfully.

I would love to hear an MMA fan's interpretation of this film as there are elements that seem to work only in the world of this movie. There is a huge plot point that is dropped in this film that seems so out of the realm of possibility for the sport that it's ludicrous. And what does Mamet do? He makes it so minor that none of the characters with speaking roles actually partake. Making the whole plot point this ridiculous element that never even gets explored. Instead, he should have just chosen another way to cheat the lead as he is noble and right enough to fight for his honor anyway.

Still a great film worth watching.

• 2 weeks later...

The IT Crowd US version is horrible. Poor casting, and so crap. How is it possible that they made Chris Morris seem even more awesome as Denholm Reynholm in the original?

On another note, this weeks episode was good. Matt Berry stole the show though.

So, in essence: it sucks! raaaagh! But it was pretty good.

Don't ever change Austen.