Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

Then afterwards, there was an interview with the writer (Lena Dunham) who explained that this is what everyone in their twenties is like now. And I know far too many people in their twenties to buy into that. The VAST majority of people are able to wrap their heads around the idea that being on your own means being a grown-up and taking responsibility for yourself.

I have become an addict of a British gameshow called Pointless over the last couple of months, and I really want to watch it whilst checking out what other folks are saying on Twitter. However, if you search for anything with #Pointless, Twitter vomits back at you a slurry of pitiable statements about how stupid things in life are. Mostly it seems to be teenagers whining about their least favourite subjects ("Why do I need to learn about Maths/History/English etc etc), but it's shocking how this self-entitlement attitude has carried over and become prevalent into twenty-somethings.

I don't like that this woman is tarring me with that brush, although I'm not immune to a few selfish moans from time to time. Then again, I don't like most things associated with Judd Apatow, so I wouldn't have bothered with this show in the first place.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every generation has its period of "these kids are lazy and entitled". Lord knows Gen X did. I hated it when people of my generation would go on TV and explain that we were the slacker generation who didn't see the point of having jobs or being responsible. That shitsmear didn't speak for me (who has literally had a job since I was ten), the same way this woman doesn't speak for you.

And Aaron, of course I get that we're supposed to find these people funny. However, as Jack said, none of them were, to my eyes anyway, endearing in any way, shape or form. The only person I found even remotely relateable was her mom, who was portrayed as being shrill but who was actually the only person who was willing to tell her daughter that she needed to be a fucking adult. But the thing that really set me off was not the character Dunham played, but the actual Lena Dunham who came on afterwards. Contrary to her belief, there have been and will ALWAYS be idiots in their twenties, and most of them will grow out of it as they get older and find their feet. Every generation of young people has been hailed as the end of civilization by the generation before it since the dawn of time.

My personal top 5 6 Christmas movies:

6. Santa Claus: The Movie - This is more for nostalgia reasons because I got my first while watching this movie ;)

5. Nightmare Before Christmas - Just a great movie with catchy music.

4.Scrooged - Scary and funny.

3. Elf - Just a good time.

2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - In my opinion the best of the series.

1. Die Hard - Fuck yeah it's a Christmas movie!

I watch the first two Die Hard movies every Christmas. It's a tradition.

My personal top 5 6 Christmas movies:

6. Santa Claus: The Movie - This is more for nostalgia reasons because I got my first while watching this movie ;)

5. Nightmare Before Christmas - Just a great movie with catchy music.

4.Scrooged - Scary and funny.

3. Elf - Just a good time.

2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - In my opinion the best of the series.

1. Die Hard - Fuck yeah it's a Christmas movie!

I watch the first two Die Hard movies every Christmas. It's a tradition.

Yeah, that list sounds a lot like mine. I need to see Scrooged every year, it's a tradition for me.