Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For that matter, I don't watch much Walking Dead but there's no way anyone likes Carl that much. Like at all. For that matter, Arya needs to be closer to the center Y-axis, Tyrion needs to be sitting right in the dead center of the Y as well.

Tyrion is perfect where he is for not making Sansa consummate the marriage. Arya needs to be farther towards the middle since she did kill a guy in cold blood.

For that matter, I don't watch much Walking Dead but there's no way anyone likes Carl that much. Like at all. For that matter, Arya needs to be closer to the center Y-axis, Tyrion needs to be sitting right in the dead center of the Y as well.

Are you kidding? Carl is the hero of that show! He actually has the guts to do what's needed.

Tywin's placement is surprising. A lot of people seem to agree with his assessment that killing a dozen people at dinner is more noble than killing thousands in the field of battle. Also, he set The Mountain and the Brave Companions on the Riverlands causing the deaths of hundreds who did nothing more than be born in their villages and work the lands. Also, i'm guessing that Roger Sterling was off the charts on the likeability axis and Arya should be smack bang in the middle of the good/bad axis. She's done what she's had to do to survive but that's involved many, many deaths.

As much as I don't think Disney Channel shows have good role models for kids, this is awesome news.

For the first time in Disney Channel history, one of their shows will feature a family with two mothers.

An episode of the children’s show Good Luck Charlie, set to air in 2014, will feature the show’s preschool-age protagonist, Charlie, being set up on a playdate with a friend with two moms.

The ABC-operated network is taking care to consult the relevant experts to ensure the episode is respectful of the LGBT community: “This particular storyline was developed under the consultancy of child development experts and community advisors,” a Disney Channel spokesperson told TV Guide. “Like all Disney Channel programming, it was developed to be relevant to kids and families around the world and to reflect themes of diversity and inclusiveness.”

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/06/21/2196891/disney-channel-lesbian-couple/

I'm not sure how much longer I can sustain these CR spin-off shows with Stavros. Nothing to do with the guy himself - depite however many jokes could be made to the contrary - but it means I've had to really delve into the dregs of my DVD library in order to aid my research. Case in point, I've just finished rewatching Elektra, which has been a painful experience.

While rewatching Buffy, i've realised more and more what an influence Spider-man is on the series, with Buffy's penchant for quipping in a fight and the incredible level of humour present throughout what is ostensibly a drama. When it needed to be heavy, it really could be as well, but generally when the depressing drama overwhelms the sense of fun in the series the whole thing stopped working.

One of the things that I loved about the last Spider-man movie was that Pete seemed to have fun with his powers and they at least got that moment where he was injured, mentally exhausted and yet was fully ready to throw himself at the Lizard because that's just who he was. I hope for the next one that they get the balance between Spidey's humour and "never say die" attitude in there.

One of the reasons I really didn't want to see Man of Steel is that it seems like an entirely joyless film. I really can't be bothered with grim and gritty superhero films any more. I'll give the Star Trek films this, for all my many, many criticisms against them, one thing I can't say is that they weren't fun.

I'm on the second season of Angel. Gunn is really starting to annoy me, not because of J August but because his character just dissolves into "moral message" time about gang life. Post Wire this shit really doesn't fly.

It's also remarkable how little of this season I remember. Season 1 I bought on DVD straight away and by season 3 I was watching over at friends, so season 2 got a little lost in the shuffle. I've owned it for years but rewatching it is almost like discovering a lost season of a Whedon show. Unfortunately it's one of the weakest seasons overall.