The Dark Knight Rises

annericelover

Well according to the link below there may be a chance that The Riddler, Penguin, Barbara Gordon, Dr. Fries and/or Dick Grayson. It may also feature a metion of Metropolis and Lex Luthor with Nolan now over seeing the next Superman film as a way to start a series of films to a Justice League film.

Don't get me wrong we all know what Nolan has said about adapting not only Robin, but any villains that have been seen in previous films and TV shows, so take this with a grain of rumor salt. Although the idea of Dr. Fries being seen as just a doctor and not a villain is interesting and would help to establish a background, so in a later film he could be made into the villain we know. I wouldn't mind having a passing reference to "Flying Graysons, " coming to Gotham soon or at least for it to be let known that a traveling circus is famous for them.

The Penguin is a character I would love for them to pass on, DeVito and Meredith did a great job with the character in ther respective portrayals, but the villain to me is boring. I can only see Steve Buscemi at this moment playing Edward Nygma/The Riddler, but not yet, its too soon to involve him. No Catwoman please, she's a great character and foil for Batman, but its too soon in the history to introduce her. We can again make a passing reference to Selena Kyle, but leave i there.

I would love to see Talia make an appearance, Deanna Russo would play her well(currently on House and was the love interest for Michael Knight Jr. on the revamped Knight Rider series). It would also keep with the connection with Batman Begins and can play on both Batman and Bruce Wayne's double world. No Harley Quinn in the film unless she is as sadistic as she was on Birds of Prey, I don't want to see her in here just to make a connection to The Joker and Heath Ledger.

If Barbara Gordon was to be shown more than just a scared little girl, it would be cool to her begin her interest in being a detective or her fascination with fighting crime.

http://www.cinemaspy.com/article.php?id=3997

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Haven't we had a thread like this three times?

-Keep in mind, that Nolan isn't leaving year One, so Catwoman, mobsters, Riddler, and Penguin are all okay. i don't even know if robin is ready to come. Two-face and joker shouldn't be seen again, only referenced maybe. I don't see the justice league coming right after this Batman year one franchise, at least not with the same actor or continuity, anyways isn't the start of the justice league more around the time of robin?.

-Superman and batman movie i wouldn't mind.

-Haven't we had a thread like this three times?

I looked throughout this whole thread and couldn't find it. I also remember seeing it, if the moderators see this and there is one, please transfer to that one.

-Keep in mind, that Nolan isn't leaving year One, so Catwoman, mobsters, Riddler, and Penguin are all okay. i don't even know if robin is ready to come. Two-face and joker shouldn't be seen again, only referenced maybe. I don't see the justice league coming right after this Batman year one franchise, at least not with the same actor or continuity, anyways isn't the start of the justice league more around the time of robin?.

From what I remember Robin came in during his second year, believe me I don't really want Robin, maybe just a reference to show that he will be there soon. I would love to see a Tony Zuco Live Action version of Robin's origins, with a young actor around 13 or 14 portraying him. The origin we saw in Batman Forever was a combination of Dick Grayson(Flying Grayson's, them falling to death because of ripped rope) and Tim Drake (Two-Face being responsible)origins.

-Superman and batman movie i wouldn't mind.

Its a bit cliched to automatically mention one or the other. In Superman Returns I rolled my eyes at hearing Gotham City mentioned. I'm glad they've left Superman and Metropolis out. A mention wouldn't hurt the film, but a hurried JL film might be the result. I suggest that WB waits to see how Marvel develops the Avengers film to see how its done right.

From what I remember Robin came in during his second year, believe me I don't really want Robin, maybe just a reference to show that he will be there soon. I would love to see a Tony Zuco Live Action version of Robin's origins, with a young actor around 13 or 14 portraying him. The origin we saw in Batman Forever was a combination of Dick Grayson(Flying Grayson's, them falling to death because of ripped rope) and Tim Drake (Two-Face being responsible)origins.

Tim Drake's dad was killed by Captain Boomerang and he was Robin way before that

Tim Drake's dad was killed by Captain Boomerang and he was Robin way before that

Oops my mistake it was Jason Todd who Two Face was responsible for the death of his father.

I'm obviously all for having Riddler be the villain, but you have to have someone else who can go toe-to-toe with Batman. Riddler would go down in one punch and there would be no action. I still say they could bring in Bane and completely leave the Venom aspect out. Just have Bane be a really big, but brilliant assassin who has never lost a fight. I, again, nominate Benicio del Toro or Javier Bardem to play him.

I'm obviously all for having Riddler be the villain, but you have to have someone else who can go toe-to-toe with Batman. Riddler would go down in one punch and there would be no action. I still say they could bring in Bane and completely leave the Venom aspect out. Just have Bane be a really big, but brilliant assassin who has never lost a fight. I, again, nominate Benicio del Toro or Javier Bardem to play him.

The strong point of the series isn't fist-fights, We've hardly seen much in the way of clear cut Batman hand to hand fighting. I'd like to see some gun-based action. Deadshot could easily be brought in as an eccentric assassin with similar levels of combat training and advanced tech as Bats.

There've been interviews with Nolan over the past year or so where he's said not to expect the villain to be one of the major comic book villains. It might be more along the lines of the criminal underworld, not Arkham Asylum.

Or by major he could be talking about the famous ones like Joker and Penguin and Riddler, and they are planning to use a less known villain from the comics.

I figure if not the joker then probably a black mask style boss with a couple of themed henchmen. Thing is that the Joker sold so many tickets through advertising for Dark Knight, just for that I think they have to use someone who can have some iconic value.

Echoing earlier calls, Javier Bardem as Bane would RULE, as long as they just took the approach that this was a guy who could physically really damage Batman in spite of Bats armour and tricks without using unfeasable steroids.

An interview with Aaron Eckhart he said #3 was going to be all about the Joker, but wasn't sure if it was still the case now... I would imagine they will go a different angle. Personally I think they should stay away from the Riddler, I like Penguin as the international arms dealer type or possibly the Mad Hatter could work well in Nolan's universe.

Penguin is a gangster with a comedy gimmick that doesn't really work in Nolan's universe, and Hatter's mind control would need some serious alteration before it could pass muster. Not saying they can't be done, but you can't sell a movie on the Penguin or the Hatter. They aren't nearly as marketable as Riddler.

Batman sold the first film. Joker sold the second. If the third is going to make that sort of money they need a gimmick, and the question mark is as simple, scary and iconic as it gets.

Ra's can work if you've got a fresh secondary villain. Maybe bring in Talia and some special assassin to rival Bat's in a physical way. Ra's also needs a good story to return. He's a villain that doesn't work on his own merits like Joker does.

I'm watching Batman Begins to regain a feeling for the world.

Someone in another thread here mentioned playing up the Mad Hatter pedophile angle if he were to be in the Nolanverse, which I think would be how to play it, if they wanted to take that risk. I'm just worried about Riddler/Joker comparisons from people.

I've actually got a hunch that Catwoman may be in the next movie, for some reason... I think it would definitely sell tickets as non-fans would want to see Catwoman and we would want to see Nolan's take on the character.

The strong point of the series isn't fist-fights, We've hardly seen much in the way of clear cut Batman hand to hand fighting. I'd like to see some gun-based action. Deadshot could easily be brought in as an eccentric assassin with similar levels of combat training and advanced tech as Bats.

Deadshot was used in Batman: Gotham Knight and since that is considered continuity with the films I don't think they will go back and use him.

Deadshot was used in Batman: Gotham Knight and since that is considered continuity with the films I don't think they will go back and use him.

...Hah.

I highly doubt that they wouldn't ignore the animated DVD that used Scarecrow, Killer Croc and Deadshot if they really wanted to use any of them.

The Riddler angle would work is he was a developing character, kind of like how Harvey-Two Face was a developing character in The Dark Knight.

I know Nolan is more interested in using not so known characters in the Bat-universe, but he should trust in already established characters to reel us in and introduce another character as the main story.

We can have a story with Hugo Strange working with the mob as a member of the mobs scientist, he brings in Edward Nygma and begins to mess with his fascination with Riddles and other puzzles. Meanwhile Talia is challenging Batman AND Bruce Wayne in various test to see if he is as worthy as her father believed he was.