The Dark Knight Rises

annericelover

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having lunch with friends and discussing this movie earlier in the week. One of them asked who the villains are and Ii told him, Bane, Tali Al Ghul, Catwoman's in it too etc. "So there's no big villain then? Isn't Bane just a henchman?"

Fuck you Batman & Robin, it's over ten years later and you're still ruining things.

Worse. "Who's Bane?" implies they might go in with an open mind.

I don't think it's that bad. If they literally decide not to see the movie, then that's one thing. But if they walk out of the movie and say "meh, Bane was just a henchman," then the movie really didn't do a good job of portraying the character.

Just saw it and the voice is really bad. Anyone saying it isn't is giving Nolan far too much leeway. Yes, it is in a noisy plane, but if it's a scene to set-up the main villain of a movie, you shouldn't have to struggle with it. In that regard it wasn't anything like the bank scene from TDK.

I'm not going to pass judgement on the whole movie based on this voice thing, as it will be crazy easy to fix as they could record the whole dialogue again, Darth Vader style and no one would know.

I love Bane's voice. I'm also one of the few who doesn't find Christian Bale's Batman voice ridiculous or funny. Also, I watched the prologue just somewhere online so can't weigh in on the noise issue.

Bane doesn't sound like Tom Hardy so I think he'll disappear into the character similar to the way Ledger did with the Joker.