The Dark Knight Rises

annericelover

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's the best love interest Batman/Bruce Wayne has had in any media. PERIOD.

Actually, I would put both Selina Kyle and Talia above her. Aside from that one story, Andrea's never had any importance.

As semi-stupid as Batman: Hush was, I like the way that it made Selina into a very important character in Bruce's life.

And Talia's loyalty triangle between her father and Bruce is always interesting.

What's Andrea got? "I was in love with Bruce, then I decided to start killing mobsters. The end."

She's the best love interest Batman/Bruce Wayne has had in any media. PERIOD.

Actually, I would put both Selina Kyle and Talia above her. Aside from that one story, Andrea's never had any importance.

As semi-stupid as Batman: Hush was, I like the way that it made Selina into a very important character in Bruce's life.

And Talia's loyalty triangle between her father and Bruce is always interesting.

What's Andrea got? "I was in love with Bruce, then I decided to start killing mobsters. The end."

It wasn't stupid till the fucking shit ending.

Catwoman and Talia just keep flip-flopping between doing good and evil, and the latter is too beholden to Ra's to be compelling villain for me, especially not in a film where Ra's is dead. Catwoman at least is an independent woman, but I sort of have a bias against her because she's never really been portrayed too well on film or even in animated form and because I don't see Bruce/Batman falling for her so soon after the death of Rachel Dawes. Granted, there probably are good Talia and Catwoman stories out there which I haven't read, but I know for certain there is at least one extremely good Phantasm story in the form of Mask of the Phantasm.

Incidentally, I just started reading Hush (though mostly for the artwork), so thanks for putting a damper on the experience.

...I don't see Bruce/Batman falling for her so soon after the death of Rachel Dawes.

As someone who's lost quite a few people I was very close to, I can say that that makes perfect sense for someone who's experiencing loss. It wouldn't be a healthy relationship, but the attraction and temptation would still be there.

There's a few loose bits of speculation floating around that Tom Hardy will play Hugo Strange.

Could be awesome, especially if they go with the idea that Strange is someone who wants to actually replace Wayne as Batman, like in the comics. It's almost criminal that Strange wasn't in serious contention as a villain prior to this, now that I think about it he's completely ideal and Tom Hardy is exactly who you'd want to play him.

• 2 weeks later...
Christopher Nolan is reportedly considering using previously unseen footage of Heath Ledger in the new Batman movie.

The director confirmed he would be helming the third instalment of the popular franchise, entitled The Dark Knight Rises, earlier this year. He called the movie "inevitable", and admitted he is excited to start work on it.

Late actor Heath Ledger won a post-humous Oscar for his portrayal of the Joker in 2008 film The Dark Knight, and it has been suggested Christopher is keen to pay tribute to him.

"The idea is to use these fragments of cut scenes and use CGI to have The Joker appear one last time," a source explained. "Chris wants some continuity between movies and for the franchise to pay tribute to Heath and his portrayal of the Joker."

It is thought only a snippet of footage will be used, although the plan is only in the early stages at the moment. If it goes ahead it is likely to be a hit with fans and industry professionals alike, as Heath's portrayal of the Joker has gone down in film history as one of the most intense depictions of a character ever seen.

"It would only be a fleeting moment in the movie and would only be included with the full consent of Heath's family," the source added.

Heath died in January 2008 of a prescription drug overdose.

Source

• 2 weeks later...