Ugly Betty canceled

-ABC-

FlashForward unlikely to be renewed

V 50/50 chance

-NBC-

Heroes more than 50% chance of coming back

Chuck likely to be renewed

Parenthood 50/50 chance

Law and Order will be tough for NBC to not pick it up making it the longest running drama ever

Trauma zero chance of returning

Mercy probably not coming back

The Marriage Ref will be picked up

-Fox-

Human Target will probably be picked up

Sons of Tucson long shot

-CBS-

Cold Case probably won't be picked up

Numbers probably won't be picked up

Ghost Whisperer 50/50 chance

Medium 50/50 chance

Accidentally on Purpose 50/50 chance

Gary Unmarried 50/50 chance

The New Adventures of Old Christine will probably be picked up

-CW- Only one of these shows will come back

One Tree Hill better ratings than Life Unexpected

Life Unexpected Cheaper to make than One Tree Hill

My soul dies a little every time they renew Smallville.

But the CW has no choice--as insanely, disgustingly awful as that show is, it's one of the very few shows that actually generate revenue for it. And with that network on the brink of disintigrating, it needs what few hits it can generate.

It's the reason why the originally five-seasons-and-out SUPERNATURAL looks to be coming back for a sixth season...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agreed. When I watch a Law & Order, it does tend to be SVU namely because half the cast is still the same. Original flavor, the cast changes every couple of years and I'll see maybe one familiar face. I like being able to depend on Christopher Meloni's face on occasion.

I used to watch Law and Order SVU because I am a major, major Richard Belzer fan....but I tired after a season or two of the way the scripts kept parading out all these smutty, salacious crimes, then spent an hour wagging their fingers in our faces for being interested in them.

I know Wolf wants that 21st Season so that L&O can be the longest running dramatic television show in history--a distinction now held by the old westernGunsmoke. But you would think he should be happy that the franchise has become a literal worldwide phenomena (Law And Order London, featuring Freema Ageyman! Law and Order Moscow, for God's sake!)....

Guest TFG1Mike

Agreed. When I watch a Law & Order, it does tend to be SVU namely because half the cast is still the same. Original flavor, the cast changes every couple of years and I'll see maybe one familiar face. I like being able to depend on Christopher Meloni's face on occasion.

granted the SVU cast has had hiatuses and guest replacements as far as the main cast. But the core five Stabler Benson Munch Fin and Cragen are always there for the most part. I don't think I've ever seen an episode where Cragen wasn't there. I started getting into CI but wayyy late. So I'd have to agree that SVU is the #1 for me too. The L&O Prime show only has one actor/character I still like. Sam Waterston as Jack McCoy.