Best Law and Order

Chops

Which is the best Law and Order show  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unless this is another L&O which has nothing to do with the TV show at all, this topic belongs in the Movies and TV General Discussion.

That's where it is... isn't it?

It was originally posted in the Banters Forum, so I moved it with quickness here.

Guess I should've posted that it was getting moved, THEN did it.

Unless this is another L&O which has nothing to do with the TV show at all, this topic belongs in the Movies and TV General Discussion.

That's where it is... isn't it?

Well, I messed up and started it in Banter, I guess I tend to think of the movie and tv section as mainly for comic book movies and tv.

Criminal Intent is by far and away the greatest show on television now. I seriously like it better than the original and I've watched the original (and SVU) for years. Vincent D'Onofrio is a GOD in his Sherlock Holmes-esque role. I think his character Robert Goren is the best character on any current TV show. Seriously, I'd put him up against anyone.

Easy, easy choice for me.

Oh, and the new spin-off will be called "Trial by Jury".

Criminal Intent is by far and away the greatest show on television now. I seriously like it better than the original and I've watched the original (and SVU) for years. Vincent D'Onofrio is a GOD in his Sherlock Holmes-esque role. I think his character Robert Goren is the best character on any current TV show. Seriously, I'd put him up against anyone.

I agree that D'Onofrio is the best actor of all 3 L&O shows, but the rest of CI comes off weak. He basically is carrying that show himself which is both good and bad. Good because it fleshes out his character, but bad because the supporting cast seems shallow. That's why I picked SVU, each character of that show is built up equally, so the show can remove a character for ahow, or choose to revolve around someone else and it won't miss a step. PLus, outside of D'Onofrio, SVU has the best actors of the L&O shows.

• 2 weeks later...
Criminal Intent is by far and away the greatest show on television now.  I seriously like it better than the original and I've watched the original (and SVU) for years.  Vincent D'Onofrio is a GOD in his Sherlock Holmes-esque role.  I think his character Robert Goren is the best character on any current TV show.  Seriously, I'd put him up against anyone.

I agree that D'Onofrio is the best actor of all 3 L&O shows, but the rest of CI comes off weak. He basically is carrying that show himself which is both good and bad. Good because it fleshes out his character, but bad because the supporting cast seems shallow. That's why I picked SVU, each character of that show is built up equally, so the show can remove a character for ahow, or choose to revolve around someone else and it won't miss a step. PLus, outside of D'Onofrio, SVU has the best actors of the L&O shows.

Detective Eames is basically Dr. Watson. Watson was never a deep character. He was the narrator of the Sherlock Holmes stories. Eames is the foil character to Goren, as Watson was to Holmes.

The only police captain on any L&O show that has any real character is Dan Florek on SVU. Jamey Sheridan isn't expected to have a humongously deep character, and neither is Anita Van Buren. And ADA Carver on CI is very good, too. He's serious, but he has an edge to him that distinguishes him from Jack McCoy.