2010-2011 Television Season

I thought the characters were bad at the start, but Roth was enough to keep me in and I've always had the hots for Kelli Williams. But I thought the other characters were fleshed more as the show went on. And the daughter doesn't annoy me, which is weird for the "keeping the kooky main character grounded" type character she's playing.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Syfy has ordering additional episodes of three original reality shows.

The network said Friday it has renewed Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files for a second season and Ghost Hunters International for a third season. Plus, it has ordered 12 more half-hour episodes for the current season of Hollywood Treasure.

Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files was a breakout show in Syfy's Thursday night block of reality programs this summer. The second season will start production in early 2011.

Hollywood Treasure launched in October as Syfy’s best new reality franchise premiere in six years.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/live-feed/syfy-renews-three-reality-shows-47512?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Ftelevision+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Television%29

I keep forgetting to set the DVR for Hollywood Treasure. It looks like it's right up my alley.

• 4 weeks later...
Syfy announced today it will end its original action-adventure series Stargate Universe once the show returns to finish its second season in the spring of 2011. The upcoming 10 episodes will be the series' last.

The Stargate franchise—consisting of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe—has aired on Syfy since 2002.

Syfy has a slate of new scripted projects lined up for 2011, including the series premiere of Being Human on Jan. 17, the recently green-lit one-hour drama series Alphas and the much-anticipated Battlestar prequel pilot movie, Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome.

http://blastr.com/2010/12/stargate-universe-not-bei.php

So when does Stargate <insert title here> start? Really, I thought this show had a lot of fans?

Nothing against Stargate Universe, I've seen bits and it's not bad, but there's a vindictive part of me that is just happy to see that damn franchise die. Way better sci-fi shows have come and gone in the 14 years that middle of the road stuff was on. Firefly, Farscape, Space Precinct...ok forget that last one (wrong years anyway). Still, Stargate lasted way too long.

Actually the only really overall good sci-fi space shows that aired during Stargate's 14 years were the aforementioned Firefly, Farscape, DS9 and of course Battlestar Galactica. Most everything else sucked giant Archturian donkey balls.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't followed it as much lately, but it was still pretty solid before I left for Japan. (Hm. I can access Hulu now. Should fix that.) Still cared about the story and the characters, even if their portrayals of informed consent were WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. :P Though, I was getting really sick of the whole "will they or won't they" part of the formula.

GET ON WITH IT!

CBS has renewed The Big Bang Theory for three more seasons, it was announced Wednesday.

The multi-year deal means the hit comedy, which stars Emmy winner Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco, will go on through the 2013-14 season.

The Big Bang Theory, currently in its fourth season, premiered September 2007 and aired Monday nights for three seasons before moving to its current Thursday time slot. In its third season, Big Bang was the top scripted series in the adults 18-49 demo and the No. 2 comedy, behind Two and a Half Men, in total viewers.

The series averages 13.9 million viewers and a 4.7 rating in the key demo.

Its cast members, including Kunal Nayyar and Simon Helberg, recently renegotiated their contracts.

The half-hour multi-camera comedy, from creators Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, has been nominated for two Golden Globes this year. Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. and Warner Bros. TV produce.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/live-feed/cbs-renews-big-bang-theory-70889?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Ftelevision+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Television%29

The show is starting to lose it's luster this season for me. I just don't think it's as good as it has been.

Syfy has greenlit production on a fourth season of Sanctuary, it was announced today by Mark Stern, President, Original Programming, Syfy & Co-Head, Original Content, Universal Cable Productions. Sanctuary season 4 is slated to commence production on a 13-episode season in spring 2011 in Vancouver, BC with an eye towards a fall 2011 premiere on Syfy.

Sanctuary follows brilliant scientist Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping) and her team, who use their unique combination of instinct, medicine and cutting-edge science to find and aid a clandestine population of beings that the world refuses to believe exists. The series also stars Robin Dunne as forensic psychiatrist Dr. Will Zimmerman, Agam Darshi as the quick-witted Kate Freelander, Ryan Robbins as tech wiz Henry Foss and Christopher Heyerdahl as the sinister John Druitt.

One of television's most groundbreaking series, shooting almost entirely on green screen, Sanctuary was the first television series in North America to use the RED camera exclusively. Its stunning visual effects were nominated for a 2008 Emmy Award.

Created by Damian Kindler (Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis), Sanctuary is produced in association with Syfy and is distributed by Tricon Films and Television. Season three of the series is executive produced by Damian Kindler, Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood, Keith Beedie and Tricon Films.

I've tried really hard to like this show. I just can't.

I think the fact that I jumped in during season 3 didn't help. I have no idea what's going on or who anyone is. My first episode was the one about the thing hatching inside the person in the bank, which I liked. I haven't liked anything else though.

Meg and I really dig it. We have yet to see season 3 though.

• 2 weeks later...
CBS isn’t about to let a good thing go as far as NCIS is concerned.

The Eye net has renewed its Tuesday-night juggernaut for a ninth season after successfully negotiating a new two-year contract with leading man Mark Harmon, whose deal was set to expire in May.

Just weeks ago, CBS entertainment chief Nina Tassler said of Harmon’s status, “We are very confident Mark will continue on with the show. He’s very happy, and we’re thrilled to have him.” Around that same time, Harmon was named America’s favorite TV personality.

Coincidentally (or maybe not), the Season 9 pickup comes the same day NCIS posted another all-time ratings high, delivering 22.85 million total viewers.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/scoop-cbs-renews-ncis-for-ninth-season-as-mark-harmon-inks-new-deal/

I'm still amazed that the show is so popular and there hasn't been a breakout star from it.