Episode 141

RSS

It's a Greg Lamberson special here at Dread Media as Desmond and Darryll battle over the 1989 cult classic Slime City. But how do the two feel about its long-awaited sequel, the yet-to-be-released Slime City Massacre? Listen to find out. Plus, Desmond reviews Greg's latest novel, Frenzy Way. Slime songs aplenty: "Slime City Song" by Holy Mary Motor Club, "Slime City Massacre (Demo)" by Dead House Music, "Slime City Massacreeee" by Crankdaddy, "The Wolf is Loose" by Mastodon, and "I Melt With You" by Nouvelle Vague. Get slimy! [ 1:24:58 || 39.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_141.mp3

On Stephen King - I'm a casual King fan at best but I'll throw out some comments. The comics pretty much suck. They're nice looking but that's about it. Save your money.

Short form or novella adaptions? THE MIST is probably the best of that bunch. I've read 1408 but I haven't seen the adaption. I'm a big fan of the TV adaption of IT; Cheesy, monday night movie fun. Of course, Kubrick's THE SHINING is up there. I have to admit to being curious about the adaption of DREAMCATCHER. I've always wondered just how bad it could be.

I've read all of the DARK TOWER novels and I consider the first one a masterpiece and everything up to and including WIZARD AND GLASS is pretty great. After that he had his accident and the rest of the series steadily declines in quality until it is partly redeemed by the conclusion. Probably my favorite King story of all time, though, is a little Lovecraft pastiche called JERUSALEM'S LOT; Dark, gothic, slimy fun. Seek it out if you dare.

I caught a sneak peek of Greg Lamberson's Johnny Gruesome (the long-form music video promo trailer) at a convention that Lamberson was a guest at way back in 2007. I haven't read the book yet, but I did buy the tie-in album based on the video.

2007??? Damn, the time just flies by.