Request thread (with scores!), updates, and random thoughts

Ugh. I forgot Twelve Rounds 3 was in my Netflix queue. I meant to remove it before my next disc shipped but didn't get around to it.

I don't have high hopes.

On the bright side, I might have a new movie to suggest for the Real Protagonists in a couple days.

(I like the first Twelve Rounds.)

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe Steel is on the list for somewhere down the road (not in 2016), but other than, like, Son of the Mask, there is no movie I want to watch less than that. Just....ugh.

I would gladly sit through multiple back to back screenings of Steel if I never had to watch Son of the Mask ever again. It's a goofy bad film as opposed to a horrendous film that fails at every attempt at humour it makes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Twelve Rounds 3 isn't all that bad. It was mostly just boring. Much better than the Saw ripoff that was the second movie.

Now sure what it is with Saw ripoffs in the fiction I have consumed lately. Even in the most recent Nightwing trade paperback I got (Volume 4, I believe) the antagonist (the Prankster, I think) is basically Jigsaw. Which i am sure would make Sims really happy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm currently watching a film that is so Tirades worthy I can practically hear the accompanying James and Damien soundtrack. 

Are you fine gentlemen familiar with Stephen King's Sleepwalkers?

The main cast are  Brian Krause from Charmed, Mädchen Amick from Twin Peaks, Alice Kirgre and a whopping  Ben Kingsley paycheck  for Ron Pearlman.  

EDIT

Having just finished watching it I'm delighted to discover that it has a real protagonist and it is a cat called Clovis, who as far as I can tell is de facto town Sheriff by the end of the film.

Edited by Mr Mockery

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Out Of The Shadows.

OK, I will admit I genuinely liked this movie.

But it is a big step down from the first one and we went from 1 to eleventy billion in about three tenths of a picosecond.

Not one single character behaves in a reasonable way. When you're writing a script, you have to ask yourself: If this were real, would this character act this way? TMNT 2 fails on every level in that regard - especially with Bebop and Rocksteady, who cannot even be described as characters.

Yes, i know this is sci fi fantasy but characters should have believable reactions and motivations. This is just badly written.