Request thread (with scores!), updates, and random thoughts

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prometheus probably won't happen because I've seen it defended by some very intelligent people that care about the fiction way more than I do.

XMO: Wolverine is just boring.

Putting together a rather large segment of Comic Reel-lief at the moment. I'm not one to spoil surprises, but I was wondering if X-Men Origins: Wolverine was on the list?

One person recommended X-men Origins: wolverine to me. It was the same person who loved "Revenge of the Fallen."

The Covenant, a film that looked at The Craft and said, "We should do this with guys." They then made 97 minutes of bullshit. It also has some of the most homoerotic moments in film history, like someone looked at the films of David DeCoteau for inspiration. It doesn't help that the main characters are all interchangeable slabs of meat, the female lead is more of a plot device than character, and the villain probably wants to have sex with the male lead as much as whatever his evil plan is. Also, shitty CGI out the asshole!!!

Putting together a rather large segment of Comic Reel-lief at the moment. I'm not one to spoil surprises, but I was wondering if X-Men Origins: Wolverine was on the list?

One person recommended X-men Origins: wolverine to me. It was the same person who loved "Revenge of the Fallen."

Disown them immediately!

Jaws 3-D and Jaws: The Revenge. The first is filled with bad effects that wouldn't look good even if 3-D with a laughable story for kicks. The Revenge has a grown woman become convinced a shark has targeted her entire family... and then get proven correct. It gets even better as it goes on! Both are great for when you guys want a not totally bad bad movie.

• 3 weeks later...

Jaws 3-D and Jaws: The Revenge. The first is filled with bad effects that wouldn't look good even if 3-D with a laughable story for kicks. The Revenge has a grown woman become convinced a shark has targeted her entire family... and then get proven correct. It gets even better as it goes on! Both are great for when you guys want a not totally bad bad movie.

Plus the Ben Kingsley paycheck of the film: Michael Cain. I second this nomination.

• 3 weeks later...

If the next movie is a mortal kombat movie, then I look forward towards the next episode. Because I know little to nothing about MK. If I hear the catchy song I will be like ... Kano, Luke Cage, Scorpion, Sub Zero, Sonya. I am tempted to write about the mortal combat between Sega and Nintendo in the early nineties.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unlikely because I like the first one quite a bit and put Milla Jovovich in the category of people I can't force myself to say anything negative about.

Maybe one of the later ones. Maybe.

Hey, I never called on you to do the first one. I mean, even if you kicked off with 4 I think you'd find inspiration to visit 2, 3 and 5 at some point. It's 4 that I found the most egregiously stupid and most shoddily made.

New suggestion- Hercules in New York. A young Arnie fights a bear in central park to the sound of greek bouzouki music. It's fucking terrible in that old-school legendary sense that you guy started the podcast to cover.

If we ever do a Texas Chainsaw movie, it's going to be The Next Generation.

Ah, yes. There are a couple big-name actors who probably wish they could erase that movie from history.

Foreshadowing!

I am looking forward to listening to this one. :-)

One of my favorite what the fuck films, Roller Blade. It's about Roller Skate Nuns after the apocalypse as they fight Roller Skate mutants. It took me forever to find a copy via the internet fairy considering that it was only released on VHS. It's one of my favorite in the Post-Apocalypse Roller Skate genre (Yes, that is a genre. I wish I was joking. All of them are of similar quality).

Hansel and Gretel (1987) is an adaptation of the classic Fairy Tale. It has a song about beating your wife, some terrible child actors, and it takes them nearly halfway through the movie to get to the witch! Also, the trailer defeats the entire purpose of watching the movie. Did I mention David Warner and Cloris Leachman hamming it up to high heaven?