Request thread (with scores!), updates, and random thoughts

You know, part of the whole bits with the ending of Santa With Muscles and the 2014 Retrospective had me thinking you'd be doing films that are generally acknowledged as great or classic films that you both dislike. Kind of a reversal of what the Tirades have been so far with generally acknowledged bad films, or at least polarizing in one way or another (Twlight, Michael Bay Transformers franchise).

So, that could be a good recommendation for future episodes.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had the idea long ago to do a Bizarro episode as an April Fools thing or something, where we'd just talk smack about one of the greatest movies of all time. There was really no way to do it without the gag getting old quick though.

James and I have very very few movies we disagree on, but if there's a classic or highly regarded film that one of us doesn't like, the other one usually does. He doesn't like Run Lola Run, but it's one of my favorites of all time, for example.

The closest we'll ever get is a movie that actually has a lot of merit and fans but ended up being a disaster due to a lot of factors, which just happens to describe one of the movies we're doing this year.

I would still spend way too much time trying to make a big sharply-edited production out of it.

It'd be a lateral move because I'm my own worse enemy with that stuff. Honestly, most of the issues I ran into this year were technical and would have been solved by me having anything resembling a budget. Until I figure out a workaround to that, no extra episodes beyond the 12 we have scheduled; bonus, year-ends or otherwise.

Preemptive request.

Open Road Films, the distributor of The Nut Job, has acquired U.S. distribution rights to the CG animated feature Blazing Samurai, which will be “loosely based” on Mel Brooks’s 1974 comedy Blazing Saddles. The film is slated for April 14, 2017 launch.

In this version, a dog named Hank travels to a small town in ancient Japan to fulfill his dream of becoming a samurai. He discovers the town is populated entirely by cats, and must overcome prejudice while learning how to be a great warrior from a once-great samurai cat named Jimbo. Chris Bailey, who directed the Disney short Runaway Brain and animation directed Alvin And The Chipmunks, and veteran animator/story artist Mark Koetsier will co-direct from a screenplay by Ed Stone and Nate Hopper.

I hope the Real Protagonists don't mind me posting this here, but the Tirades page on YouTube has a preview of the next episode:

In addition to "No father would allow someone to disrespect his daughter like that" I would also add "No father worth his salt would allow his son to disrespect another man's daughter like that."

I hope the Real Protagonists don't mind me posting this here, but the Tirades page on YouTube has a preview of the next episode:

In addition to "No father would allow someone to disrespect his daughter like that" I would also add "No father worth his salt would allow his son to disrespect another man's daughter like that."

A-frikin-men to that rant! I find so many bad romances tries to be.... or references Romeo and Juliet. It made me sick very quickly. Now I am really anticipating the release of this episode.

So, a few episodes ago, I mentioned that Aaron and I recorded the first episode of a follow up show to Extra Lives at the end of 2013 that never went anywhere and said that it was probably lost to time forever.
So imagine my shock this afternoon when I find the recording on an external hard drive. I'm not sure what to do with it now.

So, a few episodes ago, I mentioned that Aaron and I recorded the first episode of a follow up show to Extra Lives at the end of 2013 that never went anywhere and said that it was probably lost to time forever.
So imagine my shock this afternoon when I find the recording on an external hard drive. I'm not sure what to do with it now.

Give it to Mike to throw up on an Earth-2 The Show segment ala The Fantasticast episodes he and Des did.

I was reading a friends script and he had a loud obnoxious bully named Brad. I chuckled at the name. He explained to me that the name had to be Brad or Chad. It reminded me of when Dubs called Yamcha the Bradest of Chads.

I do work for a wrestling/pop culture site called Place to Be Nation that has a newtork of podcasts. One of the shows, which is kind of on hiatus due to both hosts being fathers this past year, is hosted by a fellow named Brad, and a fellow named Chad, The Brad & Chad Show.

I'm sure they banter a lot.

Oddly enough, the Chad is from Atlanta, and is a co-host of a Jim Crockett Productions (promotion territories that Turner bought to become WCW)/WCW rewatch podcast (just wrapped up 1991 a few weeks ago).

Speaking of Guy Banter, any chance the Fast & The Furious franchise, or at least one of the entries, can get a Tirades look?

Maybe its the way they are being hyped by fanboys on social media that enjoy bad movies (one such claimed that he enjoyed the ET ripoff/ode to over commercialization, Mac & Me) but seems like they have Farva films written all over them, as opposed to flat out insulting and loud pieces of crap.

It was briefly discussed a while back. We kind of already did the silliest version of a Fast and Furious movie when we did Torque.

We'd also have to commit to 8 or 9 movies, some of which I've been told are genuinely good.

I like all those films. Don't get me wrong, 2 Fast 2 Furious is a piece of shit and the later films are beyond silly, but you kinda expect that. Plus they aren't actually poorly made, which is key. Resident Evil is a franchise that knows what it is as well but the difference is that Resident Evil movies are incredibly poorly made and the plots make no sense. FatF has a formula that works and they execute it exactly as they mean to.