Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half-Blood Prince? Awful? What?

Did you watch the movie? Nothing happens in 2 hours until a "heel turn" that is so obviously not a heel turn you can't take it seriously.

EDIT: In fact here's what I said after I saw it

Let me preface this by saying I do not read the books, and I will never read the books that said here it goes:

I saw this last night and got rather annoyed by it, it seemed from the movie that yea Harry's the chosen one and all but lets concentrate on the love story between him and Ron's sister and Harmoine and Ron.

The Dark Lord isn't even in this movie. Now I'm getting mad just thinking about this film. Nothing happens until the last 5 minutes of this movie.

Did you watch the movie? Nothing happens in 2 hours until a "heel turn" that is so obviously not a heel turn you can't take it seriously.

Let me preface this by saying I do not read the books, and I will never read the books that said here it goes:

I saw this last night and got rather annoyed by it, it seemed from the movie that yea Harry's the chosen one and all but lets concentrate on the love story between him and Ron's sister and Harmoine and Ron.

The Dark Lord isn't even in this movie. Now I'm getting mad just thinking about this film. Nothing happens until the last 5 minutes of this movie.

Nothing happens throughout all of them until the last 5 minutes, and Voldemort is only in most of them at the end. They are mysteries, not action movies(books). Can't wait to see your thoughts on the next one since half of it is a camping trip.

Nothing happens throughout all of them until the last 5 minutes, and Voldemort is only in most of them at the end. They are mysteries, not action movies(books). Can't wait to see your thoughts on the next one since half of it is a camping trip.

I'll rip that apart too if that's all that is.

Anyway... Yes, this trailer looks awesome. I'm really looking forward to it, I've loved what David Yates has done with the movies. Up until movie 5 I've sort of resented them, but Yates has made them a seperate entity entirely instead of a direct adaptation of the series. And I think that's the way to go with these. Because seriously, you just cannot cram everything in the books into films. The fans that ask for that are ridiculous. And since he's taken over I think the kids' acting have improved by leaps and bounds. ESPECIALLY in HBP! Emma Watson actually didn't make me want to slam an ax into her skull! Ah David Yates ♥.

I haven't seen a Harry Potter film since Prisoner of Azkaban for one reason or another, but the last book is not so cinematic that it needs two films. Especially given all those fucking pages devoted to camping.... :gah:

True but this is also the one that next to nothing can be cut out of. You can cut out fair amount of the camping stuff in the middle but then you still have everything that goes into destroying the first few Horocruxes in addition to setting up the bad new world and that all leads into the entirety of the Battle of Hogwarts. I wouldn't be surprised if the first movie is just the buildup to Hogwarts.

I haven't seen a Harry Potter film since Prisoner of Azkaban for one reason or another, but the last book is not so cinematic that it needs two films. Especially given all those fucking pages devoted to camping.... :gah:

True but this is also the one that next to nothing can be cut out of. You can cut out fair amount of the camping stuff in the middle but then you still have everything that goes into destroying the first few Horocruxes in addition to setting up the bad new world and that all leads into the entirety of the Battle of Hogwarts. I wouldn't be surprised if the first movie is just the buildup to Hogwarts.

I don't see how it can be much else, really. Nothing at Hogwarts can really be cut.

And I think the camping stuff is more important than people realize. As well as moving along the Horcruxes storyline, there's character growth and development there. Hell, maybe it's just more important to bigtime fans, though.

• 3 months later...