The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

I really didn't see any any insightful observation from what I read in his article. What he's talking about has existed for decades and decades, now with more internet. There are letters printed in the pages of Batman in the late 80s excoriating Frank Miller for having Gordon cheat on his wife and making Selina Kyle a prostitute. Much of the sense of entitlement Faraci goes on about goes back to the 70s at least.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, didn't Prez do gangbusters in the trades, and they relegated that to a 15 page special in the back of a Catwoman election thing done by Meredith Finch? Like, not all of the DCYou was fantastic, but they were quick to cancel a lot of those. 

See also: that Vertigo is literally just American Vampire, Unfollow, Clean Room, and Lucifer right now (maybe one other thing currently running?). 

• 2 weeks later...

Been kind of looking at various things about Captain Marvel (Fawcett version) today before checking out some of the new 52 version. HOLE-LEE SHIT. What the hell was Geoff Johns smoking in making the most positive and cheerful kid character in DC Comics an unrepentant asshole? Like seriously, what was he thinking?! If there was any doubt about the cries of the new 52 being too grimdark and meanspirited, this is proof positive if I've ever seen it.

Been kind of looking at various things about Captain Marvel (Fawcett version) today before checking out some of the new 52 version. HOLE-LEE SHIT. What the hell was Geoff Johns smoking in making the most positive and cheerful kid character in DC Comics an unrepentant asshole? Like seriously, what was he thinking?! If there was any doubt about the cries of the new 52 being too grimdark and meanspirited, this is proof positive if I've ever seen it.

Cap was probably my favorite part of the Young Justice cartoon. To all outward appearances he was an adult who happened to be super positive and upbeat and cheerful and goofball, and who wanted to hang out but couldn't articulate why, until it was finally revealed that he was the youngest one in the room by several years.

• 1 month later...

I still want to believe that Cho misrepresented himself to Manara and that's how he got Manara to do that (or commissioned him or some shit), because Manara is WAY better than any of this. 

Good news, though, my generation is going to outlive Cho, and he's already boxing himself out of opportunities at the main 2. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, what is the best way to go about selling some comics?  First thought is ebay, but it is mainly post-Rebirth DC and not in any sort of straight run.  Don't think these are particularly hard to come by.  But, the box is full and I have no desire for them so they need to go.  Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...